El Paso Times, Mark Lambie) ** EL PASO OUT JUAREZ, MEXICO, OUT ** ., Associated Press
EL PASO, Texas — It's no secret Notre Dame will enjoy tremendous crowd support in the Sun Bowl against Miami.
After all, an estimated 80 percent of the population in El Paso, Texas, is Roman Catholic.
The game sold out 21 hours after the teams were announced. The previous Sun Bowl record for the quickest sellout — 15 days — was set last year when Oklahoma beat Stanford.
Notre Dame offensive lineman Chris Stewart says he expects the Irish to be treated like the home team.
When coach Brian Kelly stepped off the airplane earlier this week, one of the first things he heard was organizers and fans telling him about El Paso's love affair with the Irish.
Miami interim coach Jeff Stoutland says his players are accustomed to playing in hostile environments, and that it gives them energy.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21