El Paso Times, Mark Lambie) ** EL PASO OUT JUAREZ, MEXICO, OUT ** ., Associated Press
EL PASO, Texas — It's no secret Notre Dame will enjoy tremendous crowd support in the Sun Bowl against Miami.
After all, an estimated 80 percent of the population in El Paso, Texas, is Roman Catholic.
The game sold out 21 hours after the teams were announced. The previous Sun Bowl record for the quickest sellout — 15 days — was set last year when Oklahoma beat Stanford.
Notre Dame offensive lineman Chris Stewart says he expects the Irish to be treated like the home team.
When coach Brian Kelly stepped off the airplane earlier this week, one of the first things he heard was organizers and fans telling him about El Paso's love affair with the Irish.
Miami interim coach Jeff Stoutland says his players are accustomed to playing in hostile environments, and that it gives them energy.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 47
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28