El Paso Times, Mark Lambie) ** EL PASO OUT JUAREZ, MEXICO, OUT ** ., Associated Press
EL PASO, Texas — It's no secret Notre Dame will enjoy tremendous crowd support in the Sun Bowl against Miami.
After all, an estimated 80 percent of the population in El Paso, Texas, is Roman Catholic.
The game sold out 21 hours after the teams were announced. The previous Sun Bowl record for the quickest sellout — 15 days — was set last year when Oklahoma beat Stanford.
Notre Dame offensive lineman Chris Stewart says he expects the Irish to be treated like the home team.
When coach Brian Kelly stepped off the airplane earlier this week, one of the first things he heard was organizers and fans telling him about El Paso's love affair with the Irish.
Miami interim coach Jeff Stoutland says his players are accustomed to playing in hostile environments, and that it gives them energy.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 39
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25