Chris Schneider , Associated Press
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd's profanity has attracted more attention than all his acrobatic catches that earned him his first trip to the Pro Bowl.
Humble all season about his breakout performance, the eighth-year wideout took the chance to castigate those teams who failed to bring out his talent.
After a season full of catching bombs, Lloyd dropped one in a conference call Tuesday night following the Pro Bowl announcement. Asked if there's anything he would like to say to San Francisco, Washington and Chicago, teams that let him go, Lloyd responded with some salty language, then added, "and I mean that in the most professional way."
A day later, Lloyd didn't back off those sentiments, but vowed to keep his words a little cleaner.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21