Chris Schneider , Associated Press
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd's profanity has attracted more attention than all his acrobatic catches that earned him his first trip to the Pro Bowl.
Humble all season about his breakout performance, the eighth-year wideout took the chance to castigate those teams who failed to bring out his talent.
After a season full of catching bombs, Lloyd dropped one in a conference call Tuesday night following the Pro Bowl announcement. Asked if there's anything he would like to say to San Francisco, Washington and Chicago, teams that let him go, Lloyd responded with some salty language, then added, "and I mean that in the most professional way."
A day later, Lloyd didn't back off those sentiments, but vowed to keep his words a little cleaner.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48