San Francisco QB Alex Smith (Utah) entered his team's loss to the Rams in the fourth quarter, and completed 10-of-15 passes for 120 yards. He also lost a fumble and was sacked twice.
Miami CB Sean Smith (Utah) started and had two tackles in loss to Lions.
Carolina WR Steve Smith (Utah) caught three passes for 17 yards in loss to Steelers.
Miami DT Paul Soliai (Utah) started and had four tackles, including one for loss, in loss to Lions.
Pittsburgh LB Stevenson Sylvester (Utah) had one tackle in kickoff coverage and one tackle in punt coverage in win over Panthers.
Minnesota FB Naufahu Tahi (Granger HS/BYU) played as a reserve in loss to Eagles.
San Diego DB Eric Weddle (Utah) started and had a team-high 16 tackles and a pass defended in loss to Bengals.
Inactive this week
The following players were declared inactive by their respective teams: Philadelphia LB Stewart Bradley (Highland HS); Tennessee DB Robert Johnson (Utah); Houston DB Brice McCain (Utah); St. Louis LB David Nixon (BYU); Baltimore WR David Reed (Utah); San Francisco DE Will Tukuafu (East HS).
The following players are on NFL practice squads: Dallas OL Travis Bright (BYU); Minnesota WR Freddie Brown (Utah); Indianapolis DE John Chick (Utah State); Tampa Bay LB J.D. Folsom (Snow College/Weber State); Carolina OL Shawn Murphy (Lone Peak HS/Utah State); Indianapolis TE Rob Myers (Utah State); Philadelphia OL Dallas Reynolds (Timpview HS/BYU); Carolina DB R.J. Stanford (Utah); Oakland RB Manase Tonga (BYU); Detroit WR Tim Toone (Weber State).
The following players are on the injured reserve list and out for the season: San Francisco DL Martail Burnett (Utah); Indianapolis WR Austin Collie (BYU); Cincinnati DE Jonathan Fanene (Utah); Arizona QB Max Hall (BYU); Washington NT Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Utah); New Orleans FB Marcus Mailei (Highland HS/Weber State); Cincinnati OL Andrew Mitchell (Snow College); Green Bay LB Brady Poppinga (BYU); Baltimore DL Kelly Talavou (Utah); Chicago RB Harvey Unga (Timpview HS/BYU); Cincinnati FB Fui Vakapuna (East HS/BYU).
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45