SALT LAKE CITY — Republican delegates in a western Salt Lake County state house district will soon choose a new representative.
The Salt Lake County Republican Party says an election to fill GOP Rep. Ron Bigelow's House seat will be held Jan. 6 at the West Valley City library.
The new representative will serve the duration of Bigelow's two-year term and will not face re-election until 2012.
Bigelow, of West Valley City, is expected to resign in the first week of January to become Gov. Gary Herbert's budget director.
Bigelow was elected to the Utah House in 1994 and has been the budget chairman for the House Republicans for eight years. He was not reappointed to the leadership position for the upcoming session.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9