SALT LAKE CITY — Republican delegates in a western Salt Lake County state house district will soon choose a new representative.
The Salt Lake County Republican Party says an election to fill GOP Rep. Ron Bigelow's House seat will be held Jan. 6 at the West Valley City library.
The new representative will serve the duration of Bigelow's two-year term and will not face re-election until 2012.
Bigelow, of West Valley City, is expected to resign in the first week of January to become Gov. Gary Herbert's budget director.
Bigelow was elected to the Utah House in 1994 and has been the budget chairman for the House Republicans for eight years. He was not reappointed to the leadership position for the upcoming session.
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10