SALT LAKE CITY — Republican delegates in a western Salt Lake County state house district will soon choose a new representative.
The Salt Lake County Republican Party says an election to fill GOP Rep. Ron Bigelow's House seat will be held Jan. 6 at the West Valley City library.
The new representative will serve the duration of Bigelow's two-year term and will not face re-election until 2012.
Bigelow, of West Valley City, is expected to resign in the first week of January to become Gov. Gary Herbert's budget director.
Bigelow was elected to the Utah House in 1994 and has been the budget chairman for the House Republicans for eight years. He was not reappointed to the leadership position for the upcoming session.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8