SALT LAKE CITY — Republican delegates in a western Salt Lake County state house district will soon choose a new representative.
The Salt Lake County Republican Party says an election to fill GOP Rep. Ron Bigelow's House seat will be held Jan. 6 at the West Valley City library.
The new representative will serve the duration of Bigelow's two-year term and will not face re-election until 2012.
Bigelow, of West Valley City, is expected to resign in the first week of January to become Gov. Gary Herbert's budget director.
Bigelow was elected to the Utah House in 1994 and has been the budget chairman for the House Republicans for eight years. He was not reappointed to the leadership position for the upcoming session.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 24
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15