SALT LAKE CITY — Republican delegates in a western Salt Lake County state house district will soon choose a new representative.
The Salt Lake County Republican Party says an election to fill GOP Rep. Ron Bigelow's House seat will be held Jan. 6 at the West Valley City library.
The new representative will serve the duration of Bigelow's two-year term and will not face re-election until 2012.
Bigelow, of West Valley City, is expected to resign in the first week of January to become Gov. Gary Herbert's budget director.
Bigelow was elected to the Utah House in 1994 and has been the budget chairman for the House Republicans for eight years. He was not reappointed to the leadership position for the upcoming session.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah officials find no pesticide violation...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8