ORLANDO, Fla. — Celtics coach Doc Rivers remembers when Boston overhauled its roster three years ago. Sure, the talent was there with the Big Three. So were the questions.
"When we made our move everybody told us you had to wait a year to put a championship team together," Rivers said before the Celtics practiced Friday in Orlando. "I didn't buy into that. Neither did our guys, and we proved everybody wrong."
Now imagine a major midseason shake-up.
The Celtics will face the reconstructed Magic today trying to duplicate the quick turnaround that propelled Boston to instant champions, giving this Eastern Conference finals rematch a Christmas Day remix.
Bulls at Knicks, ESPN, 10 a.m.
Celtics at Magic, ABC, 12:30 p.m.
Heat at Lakers, ABC, 3 p.m.
Nuggets at Thunder, ESPN, 6 p.m.
Trail Blazers at Warriors, ESPN, 8:30 p.m.
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 136
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 97
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 53
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48