ORLANDO, Fla. — Celtics coach Doc Rivers remembers when Boston overhauled its roster three years ago. Sure, the talent was there with the Big Three. So were the questions.
"When we made our move everybody told us you had to wait a year to put a championship team together," Rivers said before the Celtics practiced Friday in Orlando. "I didn't buy into that. Neither did our guys, and we proved everybody wrong."
Now imagine a major midseason shake-up.
The Celtics will face the reconstructed Magic today trying to duplicate the quick turnaround that propelled Boston to instant champions, giving this Eastern Conference finals rematch a Christmas Day remix.
Bulls at Knicks, ESPN, 10 a.m.
Celtics at Magic, ABC, 12:30 p.m.
Heat at Lakers, ABC, 3 p.m.
Nuggets at Thunder, ESPN, 6 p.m.
Trail Blazers at Warriors, ESPN, 8:30 p.m.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's unexpected NCAA qualifier...
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade their...
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Living the dream: Controlled hoarding for a...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 121
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 66
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 32
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 24
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade... 11