ORLANDO, Fla. — Celtics coach Doc Rivers remembers when Boston overhauled its roster three years ago. Sure, the talent was there with the Big Three. So were the questions.
"When we made our move everybody told us you had to wait a year to put a championship team together," Rivers said before the Celtics practiced Friday in Orlando. "I didn't buy into that. Neither did our guys, and we proved everybody wrong."
Now imagine a major midseason shake-up.
The Celtics will face the reconstructed Magic today trying to duplicate the quick turnaround that propelled Boston to instant champions, giving this Eastern Conference finals rematch a Christmas Day remix.
Bulls at Knicks, ESPN, 10 a.m.
Celtics at Magic, ABC, 12:30 p.m.
Heat at Lakers, ABC, 3 p.m.
Nuggets at Thunder, ESPN, 6 p.m.
Trail Blazers at Warriors, ESPN, 8:30 p.m.
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C. State...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- The BYU international basketball tracker: How...
- BYU men's volleyball: Underwood and others...
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for Utah
- Morning links: Which local prospects could...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 86
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 17
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 15
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12