Player of the game
Utah had no answer for the Boise State receiver, as he caught 12 passes for 127 yards and a touchdown.
The Utes killed themselves with penalties. They had a total of 10 flags for 83 yards. Two of the penalties stood out as most costly — an ineligible player downfield call in the first quarter that nullified a long pass, and a holding penalty that had a touchdown called back in the third quarter.
By the numbers
217-32. That was the difference in yardage in the second quarter, and the total went in Boise State's favor. After Doug Martin's 84-yard touchdown run, quarterback Kellen Moore got in rhythm and the Broncos outscored the Utes 16-0 in the second quarter.
"Boise is a really good team, but I think it's all on us. I mean, everybody watched the game, everybody saw what happened. Just a few things and it could have been different."
Utah's sophomore wide receiver
VS. MONTANA STATE
When: Sept. 1, 2011
Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium
Note: This game is nine days before the Utes start their Pac-12 campaign at USC.
- Ranking the best running backs in University...
- Elder Perry the sports fan
- Sisterly Love: Brynlee Lindsey jeopardizing...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA...
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout tour...
- Morning links: Reflecting on Andrei...
- Ex-Olympus High star Nick Paulos to get Jazz...
- Brad Rock: Haws family has worldview on...
- Morning links: Sports figures react to... 135
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to... 38
- Several early season game times set for... 32
- Dick Harmon: Larry Krystkowiak chimes... 17
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets... 16
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout... 14
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws... 13
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out... 13