Player of the game
Utah had no answer for the Boise State receiver, as he caught 12 passes for 127 yards and a touchdown.
The Utes killed themselves with penalties. They had a total of 10 flags for 83 yards. Two of the penalties stood out as most costly — an ineligible player downfield call in the first quarter that nullified a long pass, and a holding penalty that had a touchdown called back in the third quarter.
By the numbers
217-32. That was the difference in yardage in the second quarter, and the total went in Boise State's favor. After Doug Martin's 84-yard touchdown run, quarterback Kellen Moore got in rhythm and the Broncos outscored the Utes 16-0 in the second quarter.
"Boise is a really good team, but I think it's all on us. I mean, everybody watched the game, everybody saw what happened. Just a few things and it could have been different."
Utah's sophomore wide receiver
VS. MONTANA STATE
When: Sept. 1, 2011
Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium
Note: This game is nine days before the Utes start their Pac-12 campaign at USC.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- High school football: Deseret News 2014...
- Utah football fall practice position preview:...
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 131
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 101
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 96
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 70
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 32