Player of the game
Utah had no answer for the Boise State receiver, as he caught 12 passes for 127 yards and a touchdown.
The Utes killed themselves with penalties. They had a total of 10 flags for 83 yards. Two of the penalties stood out as most costly — an ineligible player downfield call in the first quarter that nullified a long pass, and a holding penalty that had a touchdown called back in the third quarter.
By the numbers
217-32. That was the difference in yardage in the second quarter, and the total went in Boise State's favor. After Doug Martin's 84-yard touchdown run, quarterback Kellen Moore got in rhythm and the Broncos outscored the Utes 16-0 in the second quarter.
"Boise is a really good team, but I think it's all on us. I mean, everybody watched the game, everybody saw what happened. Just a few things and it could have been different."
Utah's sophomore wide receiver
VS. MONTANA STATE
When: Sept. 1, 2011
Where: Rice-Eccles Stadium
Note: This game is nine days before the Utes start their Pac-12 campaign at USC.
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- Former Duke and Utah player Chris Burgess...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in spite...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 96
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 19