Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham already turning focus to life in Pac-12
Tom Smart, Deseret News
LAS VEGAS — Utah's final football game as a representative of the Mountain West Conference didn't end so well. Wednesday's 26-3 loss to Boise State in the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas certainly isn't the best momentum builder for what lies ahead for the Utes.
Even so, they'll still be joining the Pac-12 Conference next season.
"We've got a big challenge ahead of us, obviously, with the transition to the Pac-12," said Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. "That's the task at hand right now and our main focus is ramping up for that. The bar is raised in all areas and that's our first and foremost challenge."
Recruiting and building facilities toward that end, he added, is all part of "getting ready to compete in a conference that is very, very good."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 21