Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham already turning focus to life in Pac-12
Tom Smart, Deseret News
LAS VEGAS — Utah's final football game as a representative of the Mountain West Conference didn't end so well. Wednesday's 26-3 loss to Boise State in the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas certainly isn't the best momentum builder for what lies ahead for the Utes.
Even so, they'll still be joining the Pac-12 Conference next season.
"We've got a big challenge ahead of us, obviously, with the transition to the Pac-12," said Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. "That's the task at hand right now and our main focus is ramping up for that. The bar is raised in all areas and that's our first and foremost challenge."
Recruiting and building facilities toward that end, he added, is all part of "getting ready to compete in a conference that is very, very good."
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24