NEW ORLEANS — Emeka Okafor had 21 points and 10 rebounds, and the Hornets beat the New Jersey Nets 105-91 on Wednesday night to snap a two-game skid.
Chris Paul added 12 points and 14 assists for New Orleans. The Hornets built a 22-point lead in the second half and cruised from there.
David West and Marcus Thornton each scored 18 points and Marco Belinelli added 14 for the Hornets, who shot 53.9 percent (41 of 76) and made eight of 16 3-point attempts.
New Orleans also outrebounded New Jersey 48-30.
Devin Harris had 21 points and eight assists for New Jersey, which led briefly in the first half but by no more than a point. Brook Lopez had 16 points and Sasha Vujacic added 12 for the Nets.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34