SANDY — Police are looking for a man who robbed another man at gunpoint in a Sandy neighborhood Tuesday night.
Police say the two men, both in their 20s, met outside the Deseret Book at 10675 S. State Street. From there, they went to a nearby residential area where the suspect was supposed to purchase a cell phone from the victim.
Instead, police say he pulled out a gun and demanded the other man hand over the phone and cash. When the victim said he didn't have any cash, the suspect forced him to return to the area near Deseret Book to find an ATM. Before the victim could do so, the suspect took off on foot.
Police searched the area from 300 East to 150 West but were unable to locate him. The suspect was last seen wearing a gray and black hoodie.
Officers say the two men are acquaintances.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8