SANDY — Police are looking for a man who robbed another man at gunpoint in a Sandy neighborhood Tuesday night.
Police say the two men, both in their 20s, met outside the Deseret Book at 10675 S. State Street. From there, they went to a nearby residential area where the suspect was supposed to purchase a cell phone from the victim.
Instead, police say he pulled out a gun and demanded the other man hand over the phone and cash. When the victim said he didn't have any cash, the suspect forced him to return to the area near Deseret Book to find an ATM. Before the victim could do so, the suspect took off on foot.
Police searched the area from 300 East to 150 West but were unable to locate him. The suspect was last seen wearing a gray and black hoodie.
Officers say the two men are acquaintances.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 78
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17