SANDY — Police are looking for a man who robbed another man at gunpoint in a Sandy neighborhood Tuesday night.
Police say the two men, both in their 20s, met outside the Deseret Book at 10675 S. State Street. From there, they went to a nearby residential area where the suspect was supposed to purchase a cell phone from the victim.
Instead, police say he pulled out a gun and demanded the other man hand over the phone and cash. When the victim said he didn't have any cash, the suspect forced him to return to the area near Deseret Book to find an ATM. Before the victim could do so, the suspect took off on foot.
Police searched the area from 300 East to 150 West but were unable to locate him. The suspect was last seen wearing a gray and black hoodie.
Officers say the two men are acquaintances.
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 8