SANDY — Police are looking for a man who robbed another man at gunpoint in a Sandy neighborhood Tuesday night.
Police say the two men, both in their 20s, met outside the Deseret Book at 10675 S. State Street. From there, they went to a nearby residential area where the suspect was supposed to purchase a cell phone from the victim.
Instead, police say he pulled out a gun and demanded the other man hand over the phone and cash. When the victim said he didn't have any cash, the suspect forced him to return to the area near Deseret Book to find an ATM. Before the victim could do so, the suspect took off on foot.
Police searched the area from 300 East to 150 West but were unable to locate him. The suspect was last seen wearing a gray and black hoodie.
Officers say the two men are acquaintances.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 62
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17