SANDY — Police are looking for a man who robbed another man at gunpoint in a Sandy neighborhood Tuesday night.
Police say the two men, both in their 20s, met outside the Deseret Book at 10675 S. State Street. From there, they went to a nearby residential area where the suspect was supposed to purchase a cell phone from the victim.
Instead, police say he pulled out a gun and demanded the other man hand over the phone and cash. When the victim said he didn't have any cash, the suspect forced him to return to the area near Deseret Book to find an ATM. Before the victim could do so, the suspect took off on foot.
Police searched the area from 300 East to 150 West but were unable to locate him. The suspect was last seen wearing a gray and black hoodie.
Officers say the two men are acquaintances.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10