San Francisco OL Barry Sims (Park City HS/Utah) started at left tackle and helped offense gain 226 yards in loss to Chargers.
San Francisco QB Alex Smith (Utah) completed 19-of-29 passes for 165 yards in loss to Chargers. He threw one interception and was sacked six times.
Miami CB Sean Smith (Utah) started and had one tackle and one pass defended in loss to Bills.
Carolina WR Steve Smith (Utah) caught two passes for 22 yards in win over Cardinals.
Miami DT Paul Soliai (Utah) started and had three tackles, including one for loss, and had a pass defended in loss to Bills.
Pittsburgh LB Stevenson Sylvester (Utah) had one tackle in kickoff coverage and a tackle in punt coverage in loss to Jets.
Minnesota FB Naufahu Tahi (Granger HS/BYU) played as a reserve in loss to Bears.
San Francisco DE Will Tukuafu (East HS) was promoted from his team's practice squad to the active roster following loss to Chargers.
San Diego DB Eric Weddle (Utah) started and had five tackles in win over 49ers.
Inactive this week
The following players were declared inactive by their respective teams: Washington QB John Beck (BYU); Philadelphia LB Stewart Bradley (Highland HS); Cincinnati OL Kirk Chambers (Provo HS); Tennessee DB Robert Johnson (Utah); Houston DB Brice McCain (Utah); St. Louis LB David Nixon (BYU).
The following players are on NFL practice squads: Dallas OL Travis Bright (BYU); Minnesota WR Freddie Brown (Utah); Indianapolis DE John Chick (Utah State); Tampa Bay LB J.D. Folsom (Snow College/Weber State); Carolina OL Shawn Murphy (Lone Peak HS/Utah State); Indianapolis TE Rob Myers (Utah State); Philadelphia OL Dallas Reynolds (Timpview HS/BYU); Carolina DB R.J. Stanford (Utah); Oakland RB Manase Tonga (BYU); Detroit WR Tim Toone (Weber State).
The following players are on the injured reserve list and out for the season: San Francisco DL Martail Burnett (Utah); Cincinnati DE Jonathan Fanene (Utah); Arizona QB Max Hall (BYU); Cincinnati OL Andrew Mitchell (Snow College); Green Bay LB Brady Poppinga (BYU); Baltimore DL Kelly Talavou (Utah); Chicago RB Harvey Unga (Timpview HS/BYU); Cincinnati FB Fui Vakapuna (East HS/BYU).
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 46
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39