Deseret News archives
One of the greatest BYU players of all time had his NFL career cut short due to concussions. Steve Young had a total of seven concussions in his career. He was a great player, winning the MVP twice and the Super Bowl three times, but missed many games due to these concussions. The career of another great and upcoming BYU star, Austin Collie, is starting to look like Steve Young's.
He helped the Colts to the Super Bowl last year as a rookie and played a big role in that game. At the beginning of this season he led the NFL in receptions and receiving yards. He still has a great career in front of him, but he might want to think about his future after football. Steve Young retired because he wanted to live a good life after football. I hope Collie continues to play as good as he has been and helps his team win, but if these concussions continue, he might need to think about his life and his health.
North Salt Lake
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- In our opinion: Utah sees improvement in...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 57
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 38
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30