Need an 11th-hour Christmas gift-giving idea? Serve others this season
'Tis the week of Christmas, which means you likely have shopping lists to be checked off and finalized, meals to prepare, gifts to wrap and homes to clean for hosting loved ones and friends.
During the harried and frenetic pace that has become the final days before Christmas, the Deseret News recommends "10 ways you can help others this holiday season."
At least one recent national poll shows Americans appear to be in a more charitable mood this season than they were a year ago.
Among local organizations and service institutions you might offer time or resources to this season are:
To find a charity you can trust, visit www.charitynavigator.org.
As always, donations around the country can be received at any local Salvation Army Red Kettle location, or online.
Do you know of other organizations and services to share? Suggest in our comments area, or drop an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11