Need an 11th-hour Christmas gift-giving idea? Serve others this season
'Tis the week of Christmas, which means you likely have shopping lists to be checked off and finalized, meals to prepare, gifts to wrap and homes to clean for hosting loved ones and friends.
During the harried and frenetic pace that has become the final days before Christmas, the Deseret News recommends "10 ways you can help others this holiday season."
At least one recent national poll shows Americans appear to be in a more charitable mood this season than they were a year ago.
Among local organizations and service institutions you might offer time or resources to this season are:
To find a charity you can trust, visit www.charitynavigator.org.
As always, donations around the country can be received at any local Salvation Army Red Kettle location, or online.
Do you know of other organizations and services to share? Suggest in our comments area, or drop an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- The truth about addiction
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19