Need an 11th-hour Christmas gift-giving idea? Serve others this season
'Tis the week of Christmas, which means you likely have shopping lists to be checked off and finalized, meals to prepare, gifts to wrap and homes to clean for hosting loved ones and friends.
During the harried and frenetic pace that has become the final days before Christmas, the Deseret News recommends "10 ways you can help others this holiday season."
At least one recent national poll shows Americans appear to be in a more charitable mood this season than they were a year ago.
Among local organizations and service institutions you might offer time or resources to this season are:
To find a charity you can trust, visit www.charitynavigator.org.
As always, donations around the country can be received at any local Salvation Army Red Kettle location, or online.
Do you know of other organizations and services to share? Suggest in our comments area, or drop an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 93
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 12