Need an 11th-hour Christmas gift-giving idea? Serve others this season
'Tis the week of Christmas, which means you likely have shopping lists to be checked off and finalized, meals to prepare, gifts to wrap and homes to clean for hosting loved ones and friends.
During the harried and frenetic pace that has become the final days before Christmas, the Deseret News recommends "10 ways you can help others this holiday season."
At least one recent national poll shows Americans appear to be in a more charitable mood this season than they were a year ago.
Among local organizations and service institutions you might offer time or resources to this season are:
To find a charity you can trust, visit www.charitynavigator.org.
As always, donations around the country can be received at any local Salvation Army Red Kettle location, or online.
Do you know of other organizations and services to share? Suggest in our comments area, or drop an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 14
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries 13
- Provo transit project set to begin,... 13
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint... 12
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes... 11
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 11