Need an 11th-hour Christmas gift-giving idea? Serve others this season
'Tis the week of Christmas, which means you likely have shopping lists to be checked off and finalized, meals to prepare, gifts to wrap and homes to clean for hosting loved ones and friends.
During the harried and frenetic pace that has become the final days before Christmas, the Deseret News recommends "10 ways you can help others this holiday season."
At least one recent national poll shows Americans appear to be in a more charitable mood this season than they were a year ago.
Among local organizations and service institutions you might offer time or resources to this season are:
To find a charity you can trust, visit www.charitynavigator.org.
As always, donations around the country can be received at any local Salvation Army Red Kettle location, or online.
Do you know of other organizations and services to share? Suggest in our comments area, or drop an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 47
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 21
- Utah high school students unprepared... 16
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15