Samuel T. Cohen, 89. Neutron bomb inventor. Nov. 28.
Stephen J. Solarz, 70. Former New York congressman who in 1986 revealed the extravagance of Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos, including her 3,000 pairs of shoes. Nov. 29.
Ron Santo, 70. Former Chicago Cubs third baseman and broadcaster. Dec. 2. Complications of bladder cancer.
Maria Esther Gatti de Islas, 92. Human rights activist who helped found Uruguay's organization of relatives of people who disappeared during South America's "dirty wars." Dec. 5.
Elizabeth Edwards, 61. Closely advised her husband John Edwards in two bids for the presidency and advocated for health care even as her marriage publicly crumbled. Dec. 7. Cancer.
Dov Shilansky, 86. Holocaust survivor and former speaker of the Israeli parliament. Dec. 9.
John du Pont, 72. Chemical fortune heir who killed an Olympic gold medal-winning wrestler at his palatial estate. Dec. 9.
James Moody, 85. Jazz saxophonist who recorded more than 50 solo albums as well as songs with the likes of Dizzy Gillespie, Quincy Jones, Lionel Hampton and B.B. King. Dec. 9. Pancreatic cancer.
Mark Madoff, 46. Son of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff. Dec. 11. Suicide.
Richard Holbrooke, 69. U.S. diplomat who wrote part of the Pentagon Papers and was the architect of the 1995 Bosnia peace plan. Dec. 13.
Bob Feller, 92. Teenage pitching sensation, World War II hero and outspoken Hall of Famer. Dec. 15.
Blake Edwards, 88. Director and writer known for clever dialogue, poignance and occasional belly-laugh sight gags in "Breakfast at Tiffany's," ''10" and the "Pink Panther" farces. Dec. 15.
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high...
- Journalists criticize Obama administration,...
- Teachers saved many lives
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say how...
- Salt Lake City has highest rate of same-sex...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- Journalists criticize Obama... 38
- Associated Press CEO calls records... 23
- White House insists Obama was not... 22
- More Obama aides knew IRS targeted... 19
- Former IRS chief to Congress: Can't say... 17
- House chairman sees IRS targeting as... 16
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 16