Samuel T. Cohen, 89. Neutron bomb inventor. Nov. 28.
Stephen J. Solarz, 70. Former New York congressman who in 1986 revealed the extravagance of Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos, including her 3,000 pairs of shoes. Nov. 29.
Ron Santo, 70. Former Chicago Cubs third baseman and broadcaster. Dec. 2. Complications of bladder cancer.
Maria Esther Gatti de Islas, 92. Human rights activist who helped found Uruguay's organization of relatives of people who disappeared during South America's "dirty wars." Dec. 5.
Elizabeth Edwards, 61. Closely advised her husband John Edwards in two bids for the presidency and advocated for health care even as her marriage publicly crumbled. Dec. 7. Cancer.
Dov Shilansky, 86. Holocaust survivor and former speaker of the Israeli parliament. Dec. 9.
John du Pont, 72. Chemical fortune heir who killed an Olympic gold medal-winning wrestler at his palatial estate. Dec. 9.
James Moody, 85. Jazz saxophonist who recorded more than 50 solo albums as well as songs with the likes of Dizzy Gillespie, Quincy Jones, Lionel Hampton and B.B. King. Dec. 9. Pancreatic cancer.
Mark Madoff, 46. Son of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff. Dec. 11. Suicide.
Richard Holbrooke, 69. U.S. diplomat who wrote part of the Pentagon Papers and was the architect of the 1995 Bosnia peace plan. Dec. 13.
Bob Feller, 92. Teenage pitching sensation, World War II hero and outspoken Hall of Famer. Dec. 15.
Blake Edwards, 88. Director and writer known for clever dialogue, poignance and occasional belly-laugh sight gags in "Breakfast at Tiffany's," ''10" and the "Pink Panther" farces. Dec. 15.
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Friends, family of Dallas Ebola patient reach...
- Ana turns into hurricane off the coast of Hawaii
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Some 60 head of cattle shot in Nevada spree;...
- Can public officials refuse to perform...
- CDC to revise Ebola protocol, Pentagon preps...
- Police hunt for clues near where Va. remains...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 67
- Houston subpoenas sermons in battle... 32
- Budget deficit drops to $483B, lowest... 26
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 16
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14