Samuel T. Cohen, 89. Neutron bomb inventor. Nov. 28.
Stephen J. Solarz, 70. Former New York congressman who in 1986 revealed the extravagance of Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos, including her 3,000 pairs of shoes. Nov. 29.
Ron Santo, 70. Former Chicago Cubs third baseman and broadcaster. Dec. 2. Complications of bladder cancer.
Maria Esther Gatti de Islas, 92. Human rights activist who helped found Uruguay's organization of relatives of people who disappeared during South America's "dirty wars." Dec. 5.
Elizabeth Edwards, 61. Closely advised her husband John Edwards in two bids for the presidency and advocated for health care even as her marriage publicly crumbled. Dec. 7. Cancer.
Dov Shilansky, 86. Holocaust survivor and former speaker of the Israeli parliament. Dec. 9.
John du Pont, 72. Chemical fortune heir who killed an Olympic gold medal-winning wrestler at his palatial estate. Dec. 9.
James Moody, 85. Jazz saxophonist who recorded more than 50 solo albums as well as songs with the likes of Dizzy Gillespie, Quincy Jones, Lionel Hampton and B.B. King. Dec. 9. Pancreatic cancer.
Mark Madoff, 46. Son of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff. Dec. 11. Suicide.
Richard Holbrooke, 69. U.S. diplomat who wrote part of the Pentagon Papers and was the architect of the 1995 Bosnia peace plan. Dec. 13.
Bob Feller, 92. Teenage pitching sensation, World War II hero and outspoken Hall of Famer. Dec. 15.
Blake Edwards, 88. Director and writer known for clever dialogue, poignance and occasional belly-laugh sight gags in "Breakfast at Tiffany's," ''10" and the "Pink Panther" farces. Dec. 15.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters...
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- Obama announces new birth control fixes for...
- How poverty plays a role in Ferguson
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 119
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 15