Samuel T. Cohen, 89. Neutron bomb inventor. Nov. 28.
Stephen J. Solarz, 70. Former New York congressman who in 1986 revealed the extravagance of Philippine first lady Imelda Marcos, including her 3,000 pairs of shoes. Nov. 29.
Ron Santo, 70. Former Chicago Cubs third baseman and broadcaster. Dec. 2. Complications of bladder cancer.
Maria Esther Gatti de Islas, 92. Human rights activist who helped found Uruguay's organization of relatives of people who disappeared during South America's "dirty wars." Dec. 5.
Elizabeth Edwards, 61. Closely advised her husband John Edwards in two bids for the presidency and advocated for health care even as her marriage publicly crumbled. Dec. 7. Cancer.
Dov Shilansky, 86. Holocaust survivor and former speaker of the Israeli parliament. Dec. 9.
John du Pont, 72. Chemical fortune heir who killed an Olympic gold medal-winning wrestler at his palatial estate. Dec. 9.
James Moody, 85. Jazz saxophonist who recorded more than 50 solo albums as well as songs with the likes of Dizzy Gillespie, Quincy Jones, Lionel Hampton and B.B. King. Dec. 9. Pancreatic cancer.
Mark Madoff, 46. Son of disgraced financier Bernard Madoff. Dec. 11. Suicide.
Richard Holbrooke, 69. U.S. diplomat who wrote part of the Pentagon Papers and was the architect of the 1995 Bosnia peace plan. Dec. 13.
Bob Feller, 92. Teenage pitching sensation, World War II hero and outspoken Hall of Famer. Dec. 15.
Blake Edwards, 88. Director and writer known for clever dialogue, poignance and occasional belly-laugh sight gags in "Breakfast at Tiffany's," ''10" and the "Pink Panther" farces. Dec. 15.
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- 35 arrested in Oakland after protest march
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- Evangelicals with gay children challenging...
- These two things are helping California's...
- In Britain, US turkey dinner is big for business
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12
- Attorney General Eric Holder:... 11