Many in our armed services are deployed worldwide, some where danger is a constant companion. Many more suffer from health, financial and a host of other challenges that is the lot of humanity. Yet amidst this daily struggle, men and women of goodwill continue to rise up to lift the feeble, mourn with those who mourn, comfort those in despair, and feed both the body and the soul in countless ways.
And once again at this Christmas season the First Presidency of the LDS Church has bestowed a wonderful, freewill gift upon our community.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, musicians and dancers joined by David Archuleta and Michael York made our spirits soar as they presented song and narration that renewed our faith in the goodness of mankind and the eternal message of the Prince of Peace. So to all who care enough to serve and give all year long, heartfelt thanks.
Geoffrey J. Baker
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 66
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23