This is my plea to ask the LDS Church to rebuild the Provo Tabernacle. I went down there myself this morning and stood watching with tears pouring down my cheeks. It was a comfort to see the walls and towers still standing, even though steam and smoke were rising from within.
I realize that it will be an enormous effort, but it is too historic and beautiful a building to let go. As my son, now in California, said, "I remember all the debate surrounding the old BYA and look how nicely that turned out. It would have been a mistake just to tear that down. I hope they rebuild the tabernacle."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 34
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- President should not act without... 28