This is my plea to ask the LDS Church to rebuild the Provo Tabernacle. I went down there myself this morning and stood watching with tears pouring down my cheeks. It was a comfort to see the walls and towers still standing, even though steam and smoke were rising from within.
I realize that it will be an enormous effort, but it is too historic and beautiful a building to let go. As my son, now in California, said, "I remember all the debate surrounding the old BYA and look how nicely that turned out. It would have been a mistake just to tear that down. I hope they rebuild the tabernacle."
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 40
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 28
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 26
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 23
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22