This is my plea to ask the LDS Church to rebuild the Provo Tabernacle. I went down there myself this morning and stood watching with tears pouring down my cheeks. It was a comfort to see the walls and towers still standing, even though steam and smoke were rising from within.
I realize that it will be an enormous effort, but it is too historic and beautiful a building to let go. As my son, now in California, said, "I remember all the debate surrounding the old BYA and look how nicely that turned out. It would have been a mistake just to tear that down. I hope they rebuild the tabernacle."
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage debate...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 102
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage... 81
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 62
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism 36
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 35