This is my plea to ask the LDS Church to rebuild the Provo Tabernacle. I went down there myself this morning and stood watching with tears pouring down my cheeks. It was a comfort to see the walls and towers still standing, even though steam and smoke were rising from within.
I realize that it will be an enormous effort, but it is too historic and beautiful a building to let go. As my son, now in California, said, "I remember all the debate surrounding the old BYA and look how nicely that turned out. It would have been a mistake just to tear that down. I hope they rebuild the tabernacle."
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21