This is my plea to ask the LDS Church to rebuild the Provo Tabernacle. I went down there myself this morning and stood watching with tears pouring down my cheeks. It was a comfort to see the walls and towers still standing, even though steam and smoke were rising from within.
I realize that it will be an enormous effort, but it is too historic and beautiful a building to let go. As my son, now in California, said, "I remember all the debate surrounding the old BYA and look how nicely that turned out. It would have been a mistake just to tear that down. I hope they rebuild the tabernacle."
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: TPA trade agreement counts as...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies undertaken...
- Letter: Land for the young people
- Letter: Sovereign flag
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: 7 inconsistencies...
- In our opinion: After court's marriage...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 58
- Letter: Sovereign flag 44
- In our opinion: After court's marriage... 42
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: 7... 38
- In our opinion: In wake of ACA ruling,... 29
- George F. Will: Chief Justice John... 22
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 19
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial... 18