Friday, January 14, 2011 — Deadline for submission of "Student/Parent Declaration Form", "Report of Nominees" and color photographs on disk in jpg format along with printout to the Deseret News by school coordinator and/or principal. (Student/Parent Declaration form must be signed in order to participate in the program.)
Monday, January 31, 2011 — Deadline for school coordinators to submit portfolios to the Deseret News. ALL PORTFOLIOS MUST COME IN TOGETHER AS A SCHOOL. Portfolios will only be accepted if delivered by school coordinator, principal or assistant principal. Portfolios will not be accepted on an individual basis or by anyone other than the coordinator, principal or assistant principal.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 — Special Sterling Scholar section published in the Deseret News.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 — Semi-final judging: North Area held at Northridge High School, 2430 North Hillfield Road, Layton; Central Area to be held at Copper Hills High School, 5445 West New Bingham Highway, West Jordan; South Area held at Mountain View High School, 665 West Center, Orem.
NORTH AREA SCHOOLS — Bountiful, Bear River, Ben Lomond, Bonneville, Box Elder, Clearfield, Davis, Fremont, Layton, Logan, Mountain Crest, Northridge, Ogden, Roy, Sky View, Syracuse, Viewmont, Weber, Woods Cross
CENTRAL AREA SCHOOLS — Brighton, Copper Hills, Cottonwood, Cyprus, East, Granger, Highland, Hillcrest, Hunter, Kearns, Murray, Olympus, Skyline, Stansbury, Taylorsville, Tooele, West, West Jordan
SOUTH AREA SCHOOLS — Alta, American Fork, Bingham, Jordan, Lehi, Lone Peak, Maple Mountain, Mountain View, Orem, Payson, Pleasant Grove, Provo, Riverton, Spanish Fork, Springville, Timpanogos, Timpview, Salem Hills, Westlake
Wednesday, March 2, 2011 — Final judging for all finalists held at Murray High School, 5440 S. State, Murray.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 — 50th annual Deseret News-KSL 5 Television Sterling Scholar Awards ceremony at Cottonwood High School. Only coordinators, principals or assistant principals may pick up and sign for their schools' portfolios at this time.
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for your kids
- Millennials read more books than their...
- Top 15 states for education
- Lawmakers, business leaders back bill...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Students receive anti-bullying message
- Utah senator aims to bring computer coding to...
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- Lawmakers, business leaders back bill... 7
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- Bridging the gap: Can empathy be taught? 3
- Va. student seeks right to use... 2
- Will year-round classes help curb the... 2
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with... 2
- Top 15 states for education 2