For scholarship and achievement in creative expression in one or more of the following areas: drawing, artistic photography, commercial art, mixed media, graphic art, painting, sculpture and related fields. The nominee may have demonstrated professional potential in one or more disciplines, contributed outstanding service to the school and successfully competed in district and state art shows. Visual Arts nominees must show some examples of artwork in their portfolio.
For demonstrating outstanding scholarship and achievement in one or more of the areas of music. Exceptional talent in composition, vocal or instrumental music will be considered, but service to school or community through this talent also will be among determining qualifications. Nominees should be prepared to demonstrate their musical talent during a period of two to three minutes by playing an instrument or singing. For information on judging interviews, please see #7 under General Information. (Nominees should not be discouraged if judges interrupt the performance so that they may continue the interview.)
For demonstrating exceptional skill, achievement and creative expression in artistic dance (ballroom dance included). Portfolios should include training received, dances choreographed, major performances and dance service rendered to the school or community. Nominees should be prepared to demonstrate their technique and choreographic skills by performing a self-choreographed solo composition, approximately two minutes in length. Nominees will also be asked to respond to an improvisational problem during part of the interview. No performance videos required. (Nominees should not be discouraged if judges interrupt the performance so that they may continue the interview.)
- Sandy Hook school opening to public, 4 years...
- The shift in the way society values kindergarten
- How to keep childcare employees from going...
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Consider this before cosigning your student's...
- Latino youths gain leadership experience at camp
- New rule sparks debate over teacher...
- BYU-Hawaii students are 'entering to learn'...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Two Utah schools under federal... 14
- The shift in the way society values... 2
- Latino youths gain leadership... 2
- BYU-Hawaii students are 'entering to... 2
- How to keep childcare employees from... 1
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's... 1
- Consider this before cosigning your... 1