It was quite a week for Karl Malone.
The Jazz power forward scored 34 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in a 104-96 road victory over the Orlando Magic, then returned to Utah in time to marry a former Miss Idaho, Kay Kinsey, on Christmas Eve in a ceremony held at Malone's home in Salt Lake City.
Malone scored nine of his game-high 34 points in the final 3:40 of Utah's win.
"Karl was a monster down the stretch," said Jazz coach Jerry Sloan. "He took the game on his back at that point. Karl has done that so many times."
Malone said he and his new bride would take an abbreviated Christmas Day trip to Wendover, then would have their honeymoon next summer in Alaska.
"I love to fish," said Malone. "We can go up to Alaska next summer, and there won't be many people. It's going to be great."
Malone, who met Kinsey last year in Salt Lake City, said when she was told he was "The Mailman," she didn't know who he was and wanted to know "if I was the first black mailman in Utah, or what."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20