TULSA, Okla. — Justin Hurtt scored a career-high 36 points as Tulsa snapped a three-game losing streak by edging Weber State 81-79 in overtime on Thursday night.
Damian Lillard, Weber State's leading scorer going into the game, scored just five points in 21 minutes before leaving with a foot injury in the second half.
Steven Idlet added 14, including a jumper with 35 seconds left that gave the Golden Hurricane (5-5) a 74-70 lead. Hurtt went 10 for 10 on free throws in overtime to keep the Wildcats (5-4) at bay.Lindsey Hughey led Weber State with 20 points, including three 3-pointers in the final 12 seconds. Trevor Morris added 15 points and Byron Fulton 11.
Weber State led 58-50 on a jumper by Morris with 7:50 left in regulation, but Hurtt led Tulsa back.
A jumper by Hurtt gave the Hurricane its first lead of the second half at 59-58 and another by Tim Peete made it 61-58.
Weber State's B.J. Porter, playing his first game in a Wildcat uniform, tied it with a 3-pointer with 3:37 to go in the half and each team made just one basket the rest of the way.
Weber State jumped out to a 12-2 lead in the first six minutes. Tulsa spent the rest of the half chipping away at the deficit, finally taking its first lead on a drive by Bryson Pope to make it 28-27 with 1:15 left in the half.
A 3-pointer with a second left by Hughey gave WSU at 31-28 advantage at the break.
Hurtt, whose previous career high was 34 points against East Carolina last year, finished shooting 10 for 25 from the field.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25