TULSA, Okla. — Justin Hurtt scored a career-high 36 points as Tulsa snapped a three-game losing streak by edging Weber State 81-79 in overtime on Thursday night.
Damian Lillard, Weber State's leading scorer going into the game, scored just five points in 21 minutes before leaving with a foot injury in the second half.
Steven Idlet added 14, including a jumper with 35 seconds left that gave the Golden Hurricane (5-5) a 74-70 lead. Hurtt went 10 for 10 on free throws in overtime to keep the Wildcats (5-4) at bay.Lindsey Hughey led Weber State with 20 points, including three 3-pointers in the final 12 seconds. Trevor Morris added 15 points and Byron Fulton 11.
Weber State led 58-50 on a jumper by Morris with 7:50 left in regulation, but Hurtt led Tulsa back.
A jumper by Hurtt gave the Hurricane its first lead of the second half at 59-58 and another by Tim Peete made it 61-58.
Weber State's B.J. Porter, playing his first game in a Wildcat uniform, tied it with a 3-pointer with 3:37 to go in the half and each team made just one basket the rest of the way.
Weber State jumped out to a 12-2 lead in the first six minutes. Tulsa spent the rest of the half chipping away at the deficit, finally taking its first lead on a drive by Bryson Pope to make it 28-27 with 1:15 left in the half.
A 3-pointer with a second left by Hughey gave WSU at 31-28 advantage at the break.
Hurtt, whose previous career high was 34 points against East Carolina last year, finished shooting 10 for 25 from the field.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16