'Tis the road trip before Christmas and Utah Jazz want to win
The Jazz organization has requested a pre-Christmas trip ever since the first one back in the 1985-86 season.
Being less distracted does not guarantee victories, though. Even without yuletide parties and events to attend, Utah has only gone 61-63 in the trips, and only two Jazz teams have gone unbeaten. They went 6-0 in 1994-95 and won all three games in the final Stockton-to-Malone season in 2002-03.
But winning and missing out on egg nog and white elephant gifts aren't the only things on Jazz players' minds this trip.
They also hope not to get frostbite after they leave Louisiana.
Predicted high temperatures in Milwaukee, Cleveland and Minneapolis range between 15-24 degrees.
Guard Raja Bell, who lives in Miami in the offseason, repeated "brutal" four times while thinking of the wintry weather ahead.
"I like to wear certain clothes and I like my fashion," Bell said. "But for this one, I just threw a bunch of big sweaters and a coat in there."
Williams also said his luggage is packed with warm sweaters.
"We should be used to it," he said. "It's been a little chilly here."
And the father of three is not too bothered about being away from home for a week before Christmas. His wife is taking their three kids on their own holiday trip.
"As long as we're there for Santa to come," he added with a smile, "they don't care."
Somewhere up north St. Nick is laying a finger aside of his nose and nodding.
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match Gordon...
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to talk...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- Jazz rookie Rodney Hood starting to feel more...
- 10 with ties to Utah set for NBA Summer...
- Utah Utes to face familiar faces in football...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 276
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 117
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 65
- Is independence a viable option for... 55
- 4 Utah college football players named... 30
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 29
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 25
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to... 13