ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Tim Tebow is getting more snaps at practice with starter Kyle Orton nursing bruised ribs and the rookie might even get his first extended action of the season when the Denver Broncos visit Oakland this weekend.
Orton sat out practice Wednesday and interim coach Eric Studesville met with quarterbacks coach Ben McDaniels to determine how much, if any, he'll be able to participate in Thursday's practice.
In his absence, Tebow has been taking the bulk of the snaps with third quarterback Brady Quinn getting some work, too.
Tebow, whom former coach Josh McDaniels selected in the first round of the draft, has made only cameo appearances this season and thrown just one pass so far, a 3-yard TD toss to Spencer Larsen against Kansas City on Oct. 14.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42