ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Tim Tebow is getting more snaps at practice with starter Kyle Orton nursing bruised ribs and the rookie might even get his first extended action of the season when the Denver Broncos visit Oakland this weekend.
Orton sat out practice Wednesday and interim coach Eric Studesville met with quarterbacks coach Ben McDaniels to determine how much, if any, he'll be able to participate in Thursday's practice.
In his absence, Tebow has been taking the bulk of the snaps with third quarterback Brady Quinn getting some work, too.
Tebow, whom former coach Josh McDaniels selected in the first round of the draft, has made only cameo appearances this season and thrown just one pass so far, a 3-yard TD toss to Spencer Larsen against Kansas City on Oct. 14.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25