ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Tim Tebow is getting more snaps at practice with starter Kyle Orton nursing bruised ribs and the rookie might even get his first extended action of the season when the Denver Broncos visit Oakland this weekend.
Orton sat out practice Wednesday and interim coach Eric Studesville met with quarterbacks coach Ben McDaniels to determine how much, if any, he'll be able to participate in Thursday's practice.
In his absence, Tebow has been taking the bulk of the snaps with third quarterback Brady Quinn getting some work, too.
Tebow, whom former coach Josh McDaniels selected in the first round of the draft, has made only cameo appearances this season and thrown just one pass so far, a 3-yard TD toss to Spencer Larsen against Kansas City on Oct. 14.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18