Weber State will try to add to its three-game winning streak when it plays at Tulsa tonight.
It won't be a monumental task to defeat the Golden Hurricane. Tulsa, a member of Conference USA, has lost three times at home this season and is 4-5 overall. The Wildcats, meanwhile, are coming off of victories over Drake, Seattle and Southern Utah and had different players step up with meaningful performances in those wins.
Darin Mahoney was the latest Wildcat to provide a big contribution. He was named the Big Sky's Player of the Week for scoring a career-high 19 points in Weber State's 77-71 win over Southern Utah on Saturday. He also had eight rebounds and three steals while playing a career-high 35 minutes.
Center Trevor Morris scored a career-high 16 points against Seattle. Scott Bamforth had 22 points against Drake and made a clutch 3-pointer against Seattle. Bamforth, however, aggravated a shoulder injury he suffered before the season started and is questionable for tonight's game.
Of course, the player who is making everything go for the Wildcats is guard Damian Lillard. He is averaging 21.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game. Entering Wednesday's games, Lillard was ranked No. 24 in the nation in scoring.
Weber State should also soon get a boost from B.J. Porter, a former 1A state MVP who started his career at Portland University. After transferring from the Pilots' program, he was eligible to play against Southern Utah on Saturday but did not enter the game.
Tulsa is led by guard Justin Hurtt, who averages 18 points per game and was a Conference USA preseason first-team pick. Three other players — Steve Idlet (13.8), Scottie Haralson (12.6) and Jordan Clarkson (12.3) — average double-figures scoring for the Golden Hurricane.
After tonight, the Wildcats play their next two games in the Dee Events Center. They host the University of the Southwest on Saturday and BYU on Tuesday.
Wildcats on the air
Weber State (5-3) at Tulsa (4-5)
Tonight, 6:05 p.m. (MST)
Reynolds Center, Tulsa, Okla.
Radio: 1430 AM
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 30
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27