FRISCO, Texas — FC Dallas has acquired goalkeeper Chris Seitz from Seattle in a trade for a fourth-round draft pick in 2012.
The 23-year-old Seitz spent the 2010 season with the Philadelphia Union before Seattle took him ninth in the MLS re-entry draft Wednesday. With Philadelphia, Seitz made 22 starts and allowed 1.8 goals per game, with a 5-12-6 record.
Real Salt Lake chose Seitz third overall in the 2007 draft. Seitz also helped the United States' under-23 team make the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
—Deseret News staff and wire services
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 93
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 77
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 53
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 39