Baltimore WR David Reed (Utah) set a franchise record for longest kickoff return when he returned a kick 103 yards for a touchdown in win over Texans. He returned six kickoffs for 233 yards and had a tackle in kickoff coverage and a tackle in punt coverage in the victory.
San Francisco OL Barry Sims (Park City HS/Utah) started at left tackle and helped offense gain 350 yards in win over Seahawks.
San Francisco QB Alex Smith (Utah) completed 17 of 27 passes for 255 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in win over Seahawks. He had a passer rating of 130.9 and rushed four times for 12 yards.
Miami CB Sean Smith (Utah) started and had five tackles, including one for loss, and had four passes defended in win over Jets.
Carolina WR Steve Smith (Utah) caught two passes for 17 yards in loss to Falcons.
Miami DT Paul Soliai (Utah) started and had three tackles, a quarterback sack and a quarterback hit in win over Jets.
Pittsburgh LB Stevenson Sylvester (Utah) had a tackle in kickoff coverage in win over Bengals.
Minnesota FB Naufahu Tahi (Granger HS/BYU) started and recorded no stats in loss to Giants.
San Diego DB Eric Weddle (Utah) started and had three tackles, including one for loss, in win over Chiefs.
? Inactive this week
The following players were declared inactive by their respective teams: Washington QB John Beck (BYU); Cincinnati OL Kirk Chambers (Provo HS); Indianapolis WR Austin Collie (BYU); Tennessee DB Robert Johnson (Utah); Houston DB Brice McCain (Utah); Oakland WR Nick Miller (Southern Utah).
? Practice squad
The following players are on NFL practice squads: Dallas OL Travis Bright (BYU); Minnesota WR Freddie Brown (Utah); Indianapolis DE John Chick (Utah State); Tampa Bay LB J.D. Folsom (Snow College/Weber State); Carolina OL Shawn Murphy (Lone Peak HS/Utah State); Indianapolis TE Rob Myers (Utah State); Philadelphia OL Dallas Reynolds (Timpview HS/BYU); Carolina DB R.J. Stanford (Utah); Oakland RB Manase Tonga (BYU); Detroit WR Tim Toone (Weber State); San Francisco DE Will Tukuafu (East HS).
? Injured reserve
The following players are on the injured reserve list and out for the season: San Francisco DL Martail Burnett (Utah); Cincinnati DE Jonathan Fanene (Utah); Arizona QB Max Hall (BYU); Cincinnati OL Andrew Mitchell (Snow College); Green Bay LB Brady Poppinga (BYU); Baltimore DL Kelly Talavou (Utah); Chicago RB Harvey Unga (Timpview HS/BYU); Cincinnati FB Fui Vakapuna (East HS/BYU).
— List compiled by Andrew Aragon
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 188
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 88
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 58
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50