MEN'S BASKETBALL: The Westminster College men's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 6 in the second regular-season edition of the 2010-11 NAIA Division I Men's Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll, the NAIA announced Monday.
Westminster received 254 points in the poll to rank in the top 10 for the sixth time in the last seven polls dating back to last season.
Westminster has started the year 10-0 for just the second time in school history. They are one of nine undefeated teams left in the NAIA D-I. The No. 6 ranking is the highest of the season and they have now been ranked in the top 10 a total of 22 times since the end of the 2004-05 season.
Westminster will put its No. 6 ranking on the line on Saturday, Dec. 18, when it visits Point Loma Nazarene before a Dec. 20 game against 10th-ranked Azusa Pacific.
With 310 total points, Robert Morris (Ill.) boasts the No. 1 ranking in this week's poll. The Eagles tallied nine of the possible 12 first-place votes this week and are the top-ranked team for the second straight week. Robert Morris, one of nine undefeated programs in Division I, has sprinted out to a 10-0 start.
WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: The Westminster women's basketball team dropped one spot to No. 11 in the NAIA Women's Division I Basketball Coaches' Top 25 Poll, the NAIA announced Monday.
Westminster received 210 points in the poll and switched places in the poll with Bethel University. The Griffins have now been inside the top 25 in 11 consecutive polls dating back to last season.
Westminster is 12-2 on the season and has won 11 of 12 since starting the year 1-1. The Griffins dropped two exhibition games against NCAA Division I teams Utah and Wyoming last week. The Griffins will return to action on Dec. 29 agaiinst Westmont in Santa Barbara, Calif.
For the 39th consecutive week, Union (Tenn.) is ranked No. 1. The Lady Bulldogs were awarded all 12 possible first-place votes in the second edition of the poll.
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 30
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 24
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 24
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23