I'm pleased to report that this meaningful interfaith Sunday evening of Christmas music continues to this day. One year it is hosted at the Presbyterian Church, the following year it is hosted at the Mormon Church. Last year's paralyzing three-foot snowstorm created the only exception.
The holidays are a perfect time to share and appreciate with neighbors the rich and varied religious traditions that strengthen our community. I encourage you to find time this season to so share. And should you find yourself in south-central Virginia this coming Sunday evening, stop into Ben Salem Presbyterian for heartfelt singing, comforting food and strengthened friendships.
Paul S. Edwards is editor of the Deseret News editorial page. E-mail: email@example.com
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Letters: No welfare, ever 55
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 21
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 21
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20