I'm pleased to report that this meaningful interfaith Sunday evening of Christmas music continues to this day. One year it is hosted at the Presbyterian Church, the following year it is hosted at the Mormon Church. Last year's paralyzing three-foot snowstorm created the only exception.
The holidays are a perfect time to share and appreciate with neighbors the rich and varied religious traditions that strengthen our community. I encourage you to find time this season to so share. And should you find yourself in south-central Virginia this coming Sunday evening, stop into Ben Salem Presbyterian for heartfelt singing, comforting food and strengthened friendships.
Paul S. Edwards is editor of the Deseret News editorial page. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Letter: Elected representatives
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left legacy...
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Letter: No limits
- Michael Gerson: Cancer has helped me see life...
- Gov. Gary Herbert's budget hits the mark
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 53
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 31
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 19
- Letter: No limits 18
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16