I'm pleased to report that this meaningful interfaith Sunday evening of Christmas music continues to this day. One year it is hosted at the Presbyterian Church, the following year it is hosted at the Mormon Church. Last year's paralyzing three-foot snowstorm created the only exception.
The holidays are a perfect time to share and appreciate with neighbors the rich and varied religious traditions that strengthen our community. I encourage you to find time this season to so share. And should you find yourself in south-central Virginia this coming Sunday evening, stop into Ben Salem Presbyterian for heartfelt singing, comforting food and strengthened friendships.
Paul S. Edwards is editor of the Deseret News editorial page. E-mail: email@example.com
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate debate
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Letter: Homework load is fine
- Letter: The ACA's 'Cadillac plans'
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 46
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 30
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28