I'm pleased to report that this meaningful interfaith Sunday evening of Christmas music continues to this day. One year it is hosted at the Presbyterian Church, the following year it is hosted at the Mormon Church. Last year's paralyzing three-foot snowstorm created the only exception.
The holidays are a perfect time to share and appreciate with neighbors the rich and varied religious traditions that strengthen our community. I encourage you to find time this season to so share. And should you find yourself in south-central Virginia this coming Sunday evening, stop into Ben Salem Presbyterian for heartfelt singing, comforting food and strengthened friendships.
Paul S. Edwards is editor of the Deseret News editorial page. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Letter: Religious freedom
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Jay Evensen: Don't mess with a great Utah...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Dan Liljenquist: Count My Vote: Compromise...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 63
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 37
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22
- Letter: Reclassify ISPs as common carriers 19