Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Shooting guard Raja Bell won't play when the Jazz face the Golden State Warriors tonight, but reserve center Kyrylo Fesenko will.
Bell has missed Utah's last two games due to a strained right adductor muscle.
With Bell unable to go, rookie Gordon Hayward will make a third straight start in his place. Hayward went scoreless as a starter in the Jazz's last two games — Friday's home win over Orlando and Saturday's loss at Dallas.
"I'll go ahead and start Gordon," Sloan said.
"Yeah. Let him have a chance to play some," the Jazz coach added. "It's very important minutes for him, not having played (much previously) — get a chance to see where he is, and how he's gonna react, and try to improve."
Fesenko returns after having missed Utah's last three games with a sprained left ankle.
But Utah also will be without reserve big man Francisco Elson, due to work visa issues, for tonight's game.
Tonight ends a stretch with 10-of-12 games at home for the 17-8 Jazz, who start a stretch with 6-of-7 on the road Friday at New Orleans.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27