GLENDALE, Ariz. — Jay Feely became the fourth kicker in 40 years to run for a touchdown and added career-best five field goals to help the Arizona Cardinals end a seven-game losing streak with a 43-13 win over the Denver Broncos on Sunday.
Rookie quarterback John Skelton, in his first NFL start, completed 14 of 36 for 141 yards with no interceptions and had at least four passes dropped for Arizona (4-9).
The Broncos (3-10) committed six turnovers, three of them interceptions by Kyle Orton, in their eighth loss in nine games, an uninspired debut under interim coach Eric Studesville, promoted from running backs coach when Josh McDaniels was fired last Monday.
The Cardinals' Tim Hightower rushed for a career-best 148 yards, including fourth-quarter scoring runs of 8 and 35 yards.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15