GLENDALE, Ariz. — Jay Feely became the fourth kicker in 40 years to run for a touchdown and added career-best five field goals to help the Arizona Cardinals end a seven-game losing streak with a 43-13 win over the Denver Broncos on Sunday.
Rookie quarterback John Skelton, in his first NFL start, completed 14 of 36 for 141 yards with no interceptions and had at least four passes dropped for Arizona (4-9).
The Broncos (3-10) committed six turnovers, three of them interceptions by Kyle Orton, in their eighth loss in nine games, an uninspired debut under interim coach Eric Studesville, promoted from running backs coach when Josh McDaniels was fired last Monday.
The Cardinals' Tim Hightower rushed for a career-best 148 yards, including fourth-quarter scoring runs of 8 and 35 yards.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20