Game of the week
Chiefs at Chargers
Kansas City was all set to clinch the AFC West after it beat Denver and Oakland upset San Diego. Those plans may be delayed if quarterback Matt Cassel can't play today. His backup, Brodie Croyle, is 0-9 as a starter.
eam on the rise
They're now in command of the AFC North after defeating the Ravens, and control their own destiny in earning a first-round bye in the playoffs.
Team on the decline
After getting edged by New England by a mere six touchdowns, they should just stop telling everyone how great they are and start playing better.
CAN'T MISS: Joe Flacco, Ravens
SLEEPER: Alex Smith, 49ers
NOT THIS WEEK: Matt Cassel, Chiefs
FREE AGENT PICK UP: James Starks, GB
Promoted: BYU product Ray Feinga was promoted from the Dolphins' practice squad to their active roster during the week. He could make his pro debut vs. the Jets today.
BENGALS (2-10) AT STEELERS (9-3)
11 a.m., Ch. 2
Despite the difference in records, this game isn't a slam dunk for the Steelers. It's a trap game, sandwiched between the Ravens and Jets, and the Bengals will compete. Prediction: Steelers, 21-19
PACKERS (8-4) AT LIONS (2-10)
11 a.m., Ch. 13
The Giants-Vikings game was going to be televised until a snowstorm in Minnesota postponed it until Monday. That leaves us with the Lions, who will put up a fight against the Pack.
Prediction: Packers, 31-24
PATRIOTS (10-2) AT BEARS (9-3)
2:15 p.m., Ch. 2
This is a possible Super Bowl preview and is expected to be played in bitter, wintry conditions. Are the Bears for real? Can the Pats get up for this game after destroying the Jets?
Prediction: Bears, 23-21
EAGLES (8-4) AT COWBOYS (4-8)
6:20 p.m., Ch. 5
Dallas ruined Philadelphia's season last year and helped run Donovan McNabb out of town. But that town is now Vickadelphia, and the 'Boys' season was ruined long ago.
Prediction: Eagles, 38-20
RAVENS (8-4) AT TEXANS (5-7)
6:30 p.m. Monday, ESPN
It's the perfect matchup for pass-happy Baltimore. The Texans can't defend the pass, and the Ravens threw it 33 times and rushed just 20 times in their loss to Pittsburgh.
Prediction: Ravens, 33-20
- 2015 Deseret News NFL Mock Draft: Wide...
- BYU offense looking to move the ball, put up...
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director of...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big year...
- BYU's Jaylen Reyes provides invaluable...
- Little offense as main players sit out Ute...
- 2015 Utah high school football schedules...
- Scott Mitchell: Former U., NFL quarterback...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 89
- Ultimate football road trips:... 47
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 38
- Morning links: BYU close to a new... 34
- Morning links: ESPN calls Utah a dark... 34
- BYU edges Utah, 7-6, with eighth-inning... 32
- BYU's basketball roster undergoing... 29