Game of the week
Chiefs at Chargers
Kansas City was all set to clinch the AFC West after it beat Denver and Oakland upset San Diego. Those plans may be delayed if quarterback Matt Cassel can't play today. His backup, Brodie Croyle, is 0-9 as a starter.
eam on the rise
They're now in command of the AFC North after defeating the Ravens, and control their own destiny in earning a first-round bye in the playoffs.
Team on the decline
After getting edged by New England by a mere six touchdowns, they should just stop telling everyone how great they are and start playing better.
CAN'T MISS: Joe Flacco, Ravens
SLEEPER: Alex Smith, 49ers
NOT THIS WEEK: Matt Cassel, Chiefs
FREE AGENT PICK UP: James Starks, GB
Promoted: BYU product Ray Feinga was promoted from the Dolphins' practice squad to their active roster during the week. He could make his pro debut vs. the Jets today.
BENGALS (2-10) AT STEELERS (9-3)
11 a.m., Ch. 2
Despite the difference in records, this game isn't a slam dunk for the Steelers. It's a trap game, sandwiched between the Ravens and Jets, and the Bengals will compete. Prediction: Steelers, 21-19
PACKERS (8-4) AT LIONS (2-10)
11 a.m., Ch. 13
The Giants-Vikings game was going to be televised until a snowstorm in Minnesota postponed it until Monday. That leaves us with the Lions, who will put up a fight against the Pack.
Prediction: Packers, 31-24
PATRIOTS (10-2) AT BEARS (9-3)
2:15 p.m., Ch. 2
This is a possible Super Bowl preview and is expected to be played in bitter, wintry conditions. Are the Bears for real? Can the Pats get up for this game after destroying the Jets?
Prediction: Bears, 23-21
EAGLES (8-4) AT COWBOYS (4-8)
6:20 p.m., Ch. 5
Dallas ruined Philadelphia's season last year and helped run Donovan McNabb out of town. But that town is now Vickadelphia, and the 'Boys' season was ruined long ago.
Prediction: Eagles, 38-20
RAVENS (8-4) AT TEXANS (5-7)
6:30 p.m. Monday, ESPN
It's the perfect matchup for pass-happy Baltimore. The Texans can't defend the pass, and the Ravens threw it 33 times and rushed just 20 times in their loss to Pittsburgh.
Prediction: Ravens, 33-20
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit smiles...
- Tournament central: 5A boys quarterfinals...
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for Wasatch...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in pivotal...
- Dick Harmon: WCC tournament a chance for BYU...
- High school boys basketball: American Fork...
- High school boys basketball: Davis survives...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 75
- Jimmer Fredette makes debut with... 68
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 54
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 44
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 43
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 39
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 27