Game of the week
Chiefs at Chargers
Kansas City was all set to clinch the AFC West after it beat Denver and Oakland upset San Diego. Those plans may be delayed if quarterback Matt Cassel can't play today. His backup, Brodie Croyle, is 0-9 as a starter.
eam on the rise
They're now in command of the AFC North after defeating the Ravens, and control their own destiny in earning a first-round bye in the playoffs.
Team on the decline
After getting edged by New England by a mere six touchdowns, they should just stop telling everyone how great they are and start playing better.
CAN'T MISS: Joe Flacco, Ravens
SLEEPER: Alex Smith, 49ers
NOT THIS WEEK: Matt Cassel, Chiefs
FREE AGENT PICK UP: James Starks, GB
Promoted: BYU product Ray Feinga was promoted from the Dolphins' practice squad to their active roster during the week. He could make his pro debut vs. the Jets today.
BENGALS (2-10) AT STEELERS (9-3)
11 a.m., Ch. 2
Despite the difference in records, this game isn't a slam dunk for the Steelers. It's a trap game, sandwiched between the Ravens and Jets, and the Bengals will compete. Prediction: Steelers, 21-19
PACKERS (8-4) AT LIONS (2-10)
11 a.m., Ch. 13
The Giants-Vikings game was going to be televised until a snowstorm in Minnesota postponed it until Monday. That leaves us with the Lions, who will put up a fight against the Pack.
Prediction: Packers, 31-24
PATRIOTS (10-2) AT BEARS (9-3)
2:15 p.m., Ch. 2
This is a possible Super Bowl preview and is expected to be played in bitter, wintry conditions. Are the Bears for real? Can the Pats get up for this game after destroying the Jets?
Prediction: Bears, 23-21
EAGLES (8-4) AT COWBOYS (4-8)
6:20 p.m., Ch. 5
Dallas ruined Philadelphia's season last year and helped run Donovan McNabb out of town. But that town is now Vickadelphia, and the 'Boys' season was ruined long ago.
Prediction: Eagles, 38-20
RAVENS (8-4) AT TEXANS (5-7)
6:30 p.m. Monday, ESPN
It's the perfect matchup for pass-happy Baltimore. The Texans can't defend the pass, and the Ravens threw it 33 times and rushed just 20 times in their loss to Pittsburgh.
Prediction: Ravens, 33-20
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18