ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Denver Broncos rookie cornerback Perrish Cox has traveled to Phoenix with his teammates but his playing status for Sunday remains up in the air two days after his arrest for investigation of sexual assault.
The Broncos could punish the standout defensive back from Oklahoma State for missing practice and meetings Friday while he was detained in the Douglas County Jail following his arrest Thursday night.
They could bench him for part of the game against the Cardinals and also fine him as they did star linebacker D.J. Williams last month following a drunken driving arrest.
A team spokesman said no decision had been made Saturday night about whether Cox would play Sunday. He's listed as questionable, meaning there's a 50-50 chance.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 51
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 10
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8