A push in the back proves costly for Trail Blazers' Andre Miller
For the first time this season, chants of "MVP" directed at New York's Amare Stoudemire echoed through Madison Square Garden as Stoudemire was putting the finishing touches on a 34-point, 14-rebound effort against Toronto. Stoudemire led the Knicks' comeback victory with 18 fourth-quarter points. It was the Knicks' 11th victory in 12 games, their first such stretch since 1994-'95. "We feel like we can play with the best of them," said Stoudemire, who scored at least 30 points in the sixth straight game. "He's my league MVP so far," said Knicks guard Raymond Felton. "He's playing great. He's being a great leader." Or, as New York coach Mike D'Antoni said: "I challenge anyone to guard Amare."
When the Lakers' Pau Gasol played 40 minutes against the Clippers, it was the 13th time this season he had played at least 40 minutes.
Suns 38-year-old forward Grant Hill is on pace to join Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller and Robert Parish as the only players to average 14 points for a season at age 38 or older.
Jeff Foster played in his 700th game with Indiana, joining Reggie Miller (1,389), Rik Smits (867) and Vern Fleming (816) as the only other members of the Pacers' 700 club.
Washington's John Wall joined Oscar Robertson, Phil Ford, Damon Stoudamire and Brevin Knight as the only rookies to record 100 assists in their first 12 or fewer games.
Forward Travis Outlaw was benched in New Jersey after shooting 50 percent over 10 games, but then 33.3 percent over the next 12 games.
(c) 2010, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 44
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 37
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25