A push in the back proves costly for Trail Blazers' Andre Miller
For the first time this season, chants of "MVP" directed at New York's Amare Stoudemire echoed through Madison Square Garden as Stoudemire was putting the finishing touches on a 34-point, 14-rebound effort against Toronto. Stoudemire led the Knicks' comeback victory with 18 fourth-quarter points. It was the Knicks' 11th victory in 12 games, their first such stretch since 1994-'95. "We feel like we can play with the best of them," said Stoudemire, who scored at least 30 points in the sixth straight game. "He's my league MVP so far," said Knicks guard Raymond Felton. "He's playing great. He's being a great leader." Or, as New York coach Mike D'Antoni said: "I challenge anyone to guard Amare."
When the Lakers' Pau Gasol played 40 minutes against the Clippers, it was the 13th time this season he had played at least 40 minutes.
Suns 38-year-old forward Grant Hill is on pace to join Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller and Robert Parish as the only players to average 14 points for a season at age 38 or older.
Jeff Foster played in his 700th game with Indiana, joining Reggie Miller (1,389), Rik Smits (867) and Vern Fleming (816) as the only other members of the Pacers' 700 club.
Washington's John Wall joined Oscar Robertson, Phil Ford, Damon Stoudamire and Brevin Knight as the only rookies to record 100 assists in their first 12 or fewer games.
Forward Travis Outlaw was benched in New Jersey after shooting 50 percent over 10 games, but then 33.3 percent over the next 12 games.
(c) 2010, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 57
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37