A push in the back proves costly for Trail Blazers' Andre Miller
For the first time this season, chants of "MVP" directed at New York's Amare Stoudemire echoed through Madison Square Garden as Stoudemire was putting the finishing touches on a 34-point, 14-rebound effort against Toronto. Stoudemire led the Knicks' comeback victory with 18 fourth-quarter points. It was the Knicks' 11th victory in 12 games, their first such stretch since 1994-'95. "We feel like we can play with the best of them," said Stoudemire, who scored at least 30 points in the sixth straight game. "He's my league MVP so far," said Knicks guard Raymond Felton. "He's playing great. He's being a great leader." Or, as New York coach Mike D'Antoni said: "I challenge anyone to guard Amare."
When the Lakers' Pau Gasol played 40 minutes against the Clippers, it was the 13th time this season he had played at least 40 minutes.
Suns 38-year-old forward Grant Hill is on pace to join Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller and Robert Parish as the only players to average 14 points for a season at age 38 or older.
Jeff Foster played in his 700th game with Indiana, joining Reggie Miller (1,389), Rik Smits (867) and Vern Fleming (816) as the only other members of the Pacers' 700 club.
Washington's John Wall joined Oscar Robertson, Phil Ford, Damon Stoudamire and Brevin Knight as the only rookies to record 100 assists in their first 12 or fewer games.
Forward Travis Outlaw was benched in New Jersey after shooting 50 percent over 10 games, but then 33.3 percent over the next 12 games.
(c) 2010, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 224
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 61
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 53
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 34
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 31
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 24