El Paso Times, Ruben R Ramirez, Associated Press
SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Brian Kelly quickly got his team's attention when he arrived on campus a year ago. And now one day after the anniversary of his hiring, he's tuning the Irish up for a Sun Bowl date with Miami on New Year's Eve.
Selling points for victory are easy for Kelly: 8-5 sounds a lot better than 7-5 and Notre Dame is playing the school that was its fiercest rival in the 1980s. A win will boost confidence heading into next season, send the seniors out on a winning note and help with recruiting.
The most difficult part is staying sharp during a long layoff between the regular-season finale and a bowl game that is still nearly three weeks off.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 37
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25