I am very disappointed in both our civic and church leaders who are supporting the proposed Luz Robles undocumented immigrant bill. This is a form of amnesty no matter what she says. It is saying, "We know you are here illegally, but it's OK; as long as you get your permit, you can stay." This would send a message to all immigrants that they can come here with no problem, whether they come legally or illegally. When are we going to realize we cannot continue to absorb illegals into our state with all the costs and problems they bring with them? They must not be welcomed here unless it is through legal channels.
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19