Thanksgiving Point, 3003 N. Thanksgiving Way, Lehi, will host an ice sculpture demonstration, Dec. 13, 4:30 p.m.
Draper Visual Arts Foundation will present a children's art show at Draper City Hall, 1020 E. Pioneer Road, Draper, Dec. 13, 6-7:15 p.m.
Deseret Book, 45 W. South Temple, is hosting a lunch-and-learn with artist Brian Kershisnik, Dec. 17, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. (www.deseretbook.com)
The Kimball Art Center will host "Charity Lift" featuring 20 artists at Canyons Resort, 4000 Canyons Resort Drive, Park City, Dec. 17, 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $75, and registration is required. The center will also host an art talk with James Swenson, professor of art history at Brigham Young University, Dec. 18, 6 p.m., in conjunction with the exhibit "Ansel Adams: Early Works." (www.kimballartcenter.org)
The Utah Museum of Fine Arts, 410 Campus Center Drive, will host a family art activity about painting porcelain plates, Dec. 18, 2 p.m.
The Utah Division of Arts and Museums is accepting submissions from students kindergarten through eighth grade for a traveling exhibition program, "Future Monets, Manets and Mary Cassatts," through Dec. 15. Applications are available online at www.artsandmuseums.utah.gov.
The Utah Public Art Program is seeking letters of interest and qualifications from artists interested in creating site specific public art. Submissions from interested artists are due by Dec. 16. For additional information about the project and for applications, visit www.utahpublicart.org.
Registration is now open for winter classes at the Bountiful/Davis Arts Center, 745 S. Main, Bountiful. Classes begin Jan. 18 and will continue through March 3. Register online at www.bdac.org.
- National Spelling Bee co-champions include...
- Utahn on 'Survivor-'themed 'Price is Right'...
- Movie review: Beckinsale showcases classic...
- Chris Hicks: Gear up for Memorial Day by...
- 'Odysseo' extends stay in Utah to June 13
- A black-and-white, sometimes Technicolor...
- Why would anyone want to keep up with the...
- Video game review: 'Star Fox Zero' is a fun...
- Movie review: Overstuffed 'X-Men:... 2
- Chris Hicks: Gear up for Memorial Day... 1
- National Spelling Bee co-champions... 0
- Utahn on 'Survivor-'themed 'Price is... 0
- Movie review: Beckinsale showcases... 0
- 'Odysseo' extends stay in Utah to June 13 0
- A black-and-white, sometimes... 0
- Why would anyone want to keep up with... 0