Steve Dykes, Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. — Andre Miller returned from a one-game suspension to score 22 points and the Portland Trail Blazers beat the Orlando Magic 97-83 on Thursday night to extend their winning streak to three games.
Wesley Matthews had 20 points for the Blazers, who trailed by 14 points in the first half but led by 15 points in the second. Portland's modest winning streak comes after six straight losses.
Dwight Howard had a season-high 39 points in the loss, the Magic's third straight. The team had been hampered by a nasty stomach ailment that hit Howard, Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick and Mickael Pietrus, but all of them were healthy against the Blazers — including Nelson, who sat out the last three games.
Howard added 15 rebounds.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34