Steve Dykes, Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. — Andre Miller returned from a one-game suspension to score 22 points and the Portland Trail Blazers beat the Orlando Magic 97-83 on Thursday night to extend their winning streak to three games.
Wesley Matthews had 20 points for the Blazers, who trailed by 14 points in the first half but led by 15 points in the second. Portland's modest winning streak comes after six straight losses.
Dwight Howard had a season-high 39 points in the loss, the Magic's third straight. The team had been hampered by a nasty stomach ailment that hit Howard, Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick and Mickael Pietrus, but all of them were healthy against the Blazers — including Nelson, who sat out the last three games.
Howard added 15 rebounds.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45