Steve Dykes, Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. — Andre Miller returned from a one-game suspension to score 22 points and the Portland Trail Blazers beat the Orlando Magic 97-83 on Thursday night to extend their winning streak to three games.
Wesley Matthews had 20 points for the Blazers, who trailed by 14 points in the first half but led by 15 points in the second. Portland's modest winning streak comes after six straight losses.
Dwight Howard had a season-high 39 points in the loss, the Magic's third straight. The team had been hampered by a nasty stomach ailment that hit Howard, Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick and Mickael Pietrus, but all of them were healthy against the Blazers — including Nelson, who sat out the last three games.
Howard added 15 rebounds.
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 102
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 11
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7