Steve Dykes, Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. — Andre Miller returned from a one-game suspension to score 22 points and the Portland Trail Blazers beat the Orlando Magic 97-83 on Thursday night to extend their winning streak to three games.
Wesley Matthews had 20 points for the Blazers, who trailed by 14 points in the first half but led by 15 points in the second. Portland's modest winning streak comes after six straight losses.
Dwight Howard had a season-high 39 points in the loss, the Magic's third straight. The team had been hampered by a nasty stomach ailment that hit Howard, Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick and Mickael Pietrus, but all of them were healthy against the Blazers — including Nelson, who sat out the last three games.
Howard added 15 rebounds.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27