Steve Dykes, Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. — Andre Miller returned from a one-game suspension to score 22 points and the Portland Trail Blazers beat the Orlando Magic 97-83 on Thursday night to extend their winning streak to three games.
Wesley Matthews had 20 points for the Blazers, who trailed by 14 points in the first half but led by 15 points in the second. Portland's modest winning streak comes after six straight losses.
Dwight Howard had a season-high 39 points in the loss, the Magic's third straight. The team had been hampered by a nasty stomach ailment that hit Howard, Jameer Nelson, J.J. Redick and Mickael Pietrus, but all of them were healthy against the Blazers — including Nelson, who sat out the last three games.
Howard added 15 rebounds.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28