"It would be wise to utilize as many resources as you have," Matt Reynolds said. "I've got a big resource in my dad, and my brothers, and others I've come in contact with through the years."
"When the season's over we'll talk about it," Lance Reynolds said. "We talked about it during the summer and we decided to talk about it again when the season's over. It's counterproductive to talk about it during the year. We'll see what happens."
Lance Reynolds, who has coached at BYU for 28 seasons, isn't Matt's position coach, but he recognizes the talent his son possesses.
"He's a good player. He's got a lot of God-given gifts and he's been well-coached. He has got everything you'd like an O-lineman to have, skill set-wise," he said. "He's fluid and he's big and he's long. He's played really well and he's had a good year. He's left in the third quarter in a few games because of his (injured) shoulder. It's hard for me to talk about him because he's my son. Everybody thinks when I talk about him, it's because he's mine. But he's a special guy. His brothers who played all know it, that he's a special guy."
New Mexico Bowl
BYU (6-6) vs. UTEP (6-6)
Dec. 18, noon
Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34