The Governor's Office of Economic Development Thursday approved a post-performance tax rebate to assist a leading tradeshow exhibit company to expand into southern Utah.
Czarnowski Display Service Inc. will invest over $6.5 million in the development of a new production and distribution facility in St. George. When completed, the operation will employ 50 new full-time staff with wages in excess of 150 percent of the Washington County average, including full benefits.
The company will also periodically hire 25-40 temporary employees to meet seasonal demand at an estimated wage of $15 per hour. The state expects to receive over $915,000 in new taxes over the seven-year incentive period.
"Czarnowski Display Service works with many of the largest companies in the world," said GOED executive director, Spencer Eccles. "As they join our Utah business community, it underscores the value of our State's dynamic economy and our productive workforce to industry leaders."
Headquartered in Chicago, Czarnowski Display Service is an exhibit and event company with a global client base, providing design, fabrication, installation, warehousing and other related services.
The new St. George production and distribution facility will join Czarnowski's 38 other locations across North America.
"This expansion is fueled by positive growth which we anticipate will make a positive difference to Utah's people and economy for years to come," said Mark Nagle, president of Czarnowski. "Czarnowski is very proud and excited to join Utah's business community."
— Jasen Lee
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 79
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7