Here are some ways to share your time and talents with others, provided by the 2-1-1 Information and Referral at 3150 S. 900 West. For more information, go to www.211ut.org.
Utah Charities/Utah Co-Op— Store volunteers needed to help stock shelves and collect donations for our Angel Services program. Court ordered hours are accepted.
Children's Service Center — Santa Store volunteers needed to help sort and disperse donations to help children removed from drug homes and placed with grandparents. Shift times vary.
No More Homeless Pets in Utah — Help build winter homes for feral cats. Another great volunteer option is to help out with our Pet Pictures with Santa at Petsmart throughout December. Volunteer orientations are on Tuesdays 6–7:30 p.m.
The Road Home is in need of volunteers Dec. 22-24 to help with radio broadcast to raise funds to help fight homelessness.
Ten Thousand Villages — Volunteers needed in our store to help sell art pieces made by artists from developing areas of the world. This program provides fair trade, economic opportunity and culturally education for international artists.
YMCA — In April the YMCA will be having Healthy Kids Day celebrations in Taylorsville, Park City and Ogden. Dedicated volunteers needed in November through mid-April who are skilled in marketing and special-event planning.
Salt Lake County Aging Services — The Healthy Aging Program is looking for volunteers who have flexible schedules and interest in leading workshops for people who have long-term health conditions. In addition to helping volunteers gain self-management skills, a stipend is available for leaders. For more information, call 801-468-2772 about a leader-training opportunity.
Salt Lake American Muslim — Volunteer office assistant needed to help this essential nonprofit with refugee services and multicultural events. Volunteer must be reliable, flexible and a good communicators. Skills in MS Word, the internet an filing are very helpful.
Utah State Capitol — Come be a volunteer docent at the beautifully restored Utah State Capitol! Guide visitors through the historic building and educate them on the architecture, artwork, and colorful history that makes it one of the most visited tourist attractions in the state! Volunteers give two 4-hour shifts a month.
Salt Lake County Aging Services — The Healthy Aging Program is looking for volunteers who have flexible time and interest in leading workshops for people who have long term health conditions. In addition to helping people to gain self management skills, a stipend is available for leaders.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- World War II veterans grateful for...
- Protest ride results in charges against...
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- New definition of homeless would give... 24
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 18