Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham reticent regarding Urban Meyer's departure at Florida
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham didn't offer much insight into Urban Meyer's resignation at Florida.
"All I'd like to say is that he's a close, personal friend and I wish him all the best," Whittingham said after the Utes' practice Wednesday afternoon at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Whittingham declined to say whether Meyer had discussed the decision with him before making the announcement. He also wouldn't say if he was interested in the Florida job — offering a variation of a standard response he regularly gives to media inquiries about other coaching opportunities.
"The only job I'm focused on is the one I've got, and we've got our hands full right here with Boise State and recruiting and academics winding down," Whittingham said. "So that's where my attention lies."
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24