Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham reticent regarding Urban Meyer's departure at Florida
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham didn't offer much insight into Urban Meyer's resignation at Florida.
"All I'd like to say is that he's a close, personal friend and I wish him all the best," Whittingham said after the Utes' practice Wednesday afternoon at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Whittingham declined to say whether Meyer had discussed the decision with him before making the announcement. He also wouldn't say if he was interested in the Florida job — offering a variation of a standard response he regularly gives to media inquiries about other coaching opportunities.
"The only job I'm focused on is the one I've got, and we've got our hands full right here with Boise State and recruiting and academics winding down," Whittingham said. "So that's where my attention lies."
- BYU earns NCAA at-large bid; will face Oregon...
- Breaking down the field: A look at the 68...
- Jimmer Fredette thinks Bulls give him ideal...
- BYU's No. 10 seed surprises national media
- BYU's NCAA tournament fate: 'Anything could...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Kyle Collinsworth already...
- Utes headed to NIT game at Saint Mary's
- Brad Rock: NCAA can't ignore BYU's tournament...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 114
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU earns NCAA at-large bid; will face... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 75
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utes headed to NIT game at Saint Mary's 31
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance... 30
- Bubble watch: BYU playing the waiting game 20