Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham reticent regarding Urban Meyer's departure at Florida
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham didn't offer much insight into Urban Meyer's resignation at Florida.
"All I'd like to say is that he's a close, personal friend and I wish him all the best," Whittingham said after the Utes' practice Wednesday afternoon at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Whittingham declined to say whether Meyer had discussed the decision with him before making the announcement. He also wouldn't say if he was interested in the Florida job — offering a variation of a standard response he regularly gives to media inquiries about other coaching opportunities.
"The only job I'm focused on is the one I've got, and we've got our hands full right here with Boise State and recruiting and academics winding down," Whittingham said. "So that's where my attention lies."
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 125
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 58
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33