Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham reticent regarding Urban Meyer's departure at Florida
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham didn't offer much insight into Urban Meyer's resignation at Florida.
"All I'd like to say is that he's a close, personal friend and I wish him all the best," Whittingham said after the Utes' practice Wednesday afternoon at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Whittingham declined to say whether Meyer had discussed the decision with him before making the announcement. He also wouldn't say if he was interested in the Florida job — offering a variation of a standard response he regularly gives to media inquiries about other coaching opportunities.
"The only job I'm focused on is the one I've got, and we've got our hands full right here with Boise State and recruiting and academics winding down," Whittingham said. "So that's where my attention lies."
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43