Utah Utes football: Kyle Whittingham reticent regarding Urban Meyer's departure at Florida
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham didn't offer much insight into Urban Meyer's resignation at Florida.
"All I'd like to say is that he's a close, personal friend and I wish him all the best," Whittingham said after the Utes' practice Wednesday afternoon at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Whittingham declined to say whether Meyer had discussed the decision with him before making the announcement. He also wouldn't say if he was interested in the Florida job — offering a variation of a standard response he regularly gives to media inquiries about other coaching opportunities.
"The only job I'm focused on is the one I've got, and we've got our hands full right here with Boise State and recruiting and academics winding down," Whittingham said. "So that's where my attention lies."
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22