Tim Hussin, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An assistant U.S. Attorney in Utah received an award from the Department of Justice for his work as a prosecutor in criminal cases.
John W. Huber attended the DOJ's 27th annual Executive Office for United States Attorneys Director's Awards Ceremony in Washington, D.C., where he was honored Wednesday for superior performance by an assistant U.S. attorney prosecuting criminal cases.
The award recognizes Huber's vigorous and successful prosecutions in the areas of domestic violence, terrorism, and immigration crime, said U.S. Attorney For Utah Carlie Christensen.
"John plays a leadership role in our office directing several priority areas of prosecution. The award he is receiving today honors his commitment to making Utah communities safer for all of us," she said.
Huber, a former West Valley City prosecutor, started working with the U.S Attorney's Office in April 2002 as a special assistant U.S. attorney prosecuting firearms crimes as a part of the office's Project Safe Neighborhoods. As an assistant U.S. attorney, he successfully prosecuted four individuals involved with firearms used in the Trolley Square shootings. He also has prosecuted cases involving mink releases in Utah.
Awards were given to 159 individuals from around the country, including assistant United States attorneys, law enforcement agents, litigation teams and others who have made significant contributions in federal, state and local law enforcement.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- American Fork appoints interim police chief
- Photos: Deaf, blind students experience...
- Photos: Students salute military personnel...
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme Court...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 16
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8