Tim Hussin, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — An assistant U.S. Attorney in Utah received an award from the Department of Justice for his work as a prosecutor in criminal cases.
John W. Huber attended the DOJ's 27th annual Executive Office for United States Attorneys Director's Awards Ceremony in Washington, D.C., where he was honored Wednesday for superior performance by an assistant U.S. attorney prosecuting criminal cases.
The award recognizes Huber's vigorous and successful prosecutions in the areas of domestic violence, terrorism, and immigration crime, said U.S. Attorney For Utah Carlie Christensen.
"John plays a leadership role in our office directing several priority areas of prosecution. The award he is receiving today honors his commitment to making Utah communities safer for all of us," she said.
Huber, a former West Valley City prosecutor, started working with the U.S Attorney's Office in April 2002 as a special assistant U.S. attorney prosecuting firearms crimes as a part of the office's Project Safe Neighborhoods. As an assistant U.S. attorney, he successfully prosecuted four individuals involved with firearms used in the Trolley Square shootings. He also has prosecuted cases involving mink releases in Utah.
Awards were given to 159 individuals from around the country, including assistant United States attorneys, law enforcement agents, litigation teams and others who have made significant contributions in federal, state and local law enforcement.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- County clerks in Utah poring over new law on...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Second student sues district over... 14