San Francisco QB Alex Smith (Utah) was his team's backup in loss to Packers, but he'll return to the starting lineup against Seattle on Sunday.
Miami CB Sean Smith (Utah) started and had four tackles in loss to Browns.
Carolina WR Steve Smith (Utah) caught three passes for 54 yards in loss to Seahawks.
Miami DT Paul Soliai (Utah) started and was one of few bright spots for his team, recording four tackles in loss to Browns.
Pittsburgh LB Stevenson Sylvester (Utah) played as a reserve in loss to Ravens.
Minnesota FB Naufahu Tahi (Granger HS/BYU) played as a reserve in win over Bills.
San Diego DB Eric Weddle (Utah) started and had six total tackles in loss to Raiders.
Inactive this week
The following players were declared inactive by their respective teams: Washington QB John Beck (BYU); Cincinnati OL Kirk Chambers (Provo HS); Indianapolis WR Austin Collie (BYU); Tennessee DB Robert Johnson (Utah); St. Louis LB Bryan Kehl (Brighton HS/BYU); Oakland WR Nick Miller (Southern Utah).
The following players are on NFL practice squads: Dallas OL Travis Bright (BYU); Minnesota WR Freddie Brown (Utah); Indianapolis DE John Chick (Utah State); Miami OL Ray Feinga (Hunter HS/BYU); Carolina OL Shawn Murphy (Lone Peak HS/Utah State); Indianapolis TE Rob Myers (Utah State); St. Louis LB David Nixon (BYU); Philadelphia OL Dallas Reynolds (Timpview HS/BYU); Carolina DB R.J. Stanford (Utah); Oakland RB Manase Tonga (BYU); Detroit WR Tim Toone (Weber State); San Francisco DE Will Tukuafu (East HS).
The following players are on the injured reserve list and out for the season: San Francisco DL Martail Burnett (Utah); Cincinnati DE Jonathan Fanene (Utah); Cincinnati OL Andrew Mitchell (Snow College); Green Bay LB Brady Poppinga (BYU); Baltimore DL Kelly Talavou (Utah); Chicago RB Harvey Unga (Timpview HS/BYU); Cincinnati FB Fui Vakapuna (East HS/BYU).
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week, moves up...
- Things won't get any easier for disappointed...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead, game to...
- Mike Sorensen: 5 reasons to be excited (or...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 280
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 89
- Things won't get any easier for... 65
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 51
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 37
- Dick Harmon: How will Utes slow down... 31
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State... 20