The Zions Bank Small Business Index for Utah was 114.2 in November, up from a revised 112.1 in October. Utah's unemployment rate was estimated at 7.6 percent last month, up slightly from the prior month. Total employment in the state grew by an estimated 16,500 jobs during the past 12 months, according to the report.
Historically high unemployment rates in Utah and throughout the Intermountain region contributed to weak retail sales growth, hurting the state's and the region's small businesses, said Jeff Thredgold, Zions Bank economic consultant and author of the index.
— Jasen Lee
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- Varian Medical breaks ground on Salt Lake...
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top humor...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 12
- Amish country bristles at... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Paul Mero steps down as head of... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 8
- California push to avert higher gas... 3
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 3