The Zions Bank Small Business Index for Utah was 114.2 in November, up from a revised 112.1 in October. Utah's unemployment rate was estimated at 7.6 percent last month, up slightly from the prior month. Total employment in the state grew by an estimated 16,500 jobs during the past 12 months, according to the report.
Historically high unemployment rates in Utah and throughout the Intermountain region contributed to weak retail sales growth, hurting the state's and the region's small businesses, said Jeff Thredgold, Zions Bank economic consultant and author of the index.
— Jasen Lee
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in new...
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Stericycle critics: Shut it down now
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs
- Cities to celebrate completion of S-Line...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Financial interventions don't work 6
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- GM expert says 19 deaths eligible for... 1
- US current account deficit dips to... 1
- University of Utah entrepreneurship... 1