The Zions Bank Small Business Index for Utah was 114.2 in November, up from a revised 112.1 in October. Utah's unemployment rate was estimated at 7.6 percent last month, up slightly from the prior month. Total employment in the state grew by an estimated 16,500 jobs during the past 12 months, according to the report.
Historically high unemployment rates in Utah and throughout the Intermountain region contributed to weak retail sales growth, hurting the state's and the region's small businesses, said Jeff Thredgold, Zions Bank economic consultant and author of the index.
— Jasen Lee
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on companies
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- Constantly changing online prices stump shoppers
- Record-breaking holiday travel expected
- Gift Guide: Strong photo, video gear options
- Biggest mailing day of the year means protect...
- Chrysler to recall about 288K Ram pickup trucks
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- PacifiCorp to close Deer Creek Mine in... 3