The Zions Bank Small Business Index for Utah was 114.2 in November, up from a revised 112.1 in October. Utah's unemployment rate was estimated at 7.6 percent last month, up slightly from the prior month. Total employment in the state grew by an estimated 16,500 jobs during the past 12 months, according to the report.
Historically high unemployment rates in Utah and throughout the Intermountain region contributed to weak retail sales growth, hurting the state's and the region's small businesses, said Jeff Thredgold, Zions Bank economic consultant and author of the index.
— Jasen Lee
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric bus...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 11
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Sarah Palin launches online... 7
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 4
- 3 ways you can save money on movie... 3