The Zions Bank Small Business Index for Utah was 114.2 in November, up from a revised 112.1 in October. Utah's unemployment rate was estimated at 7.6 percent last month, up slightly from the prior month. Total employment in the state grew by an estimated 16,500 jobs during the past 12 months, according to the report.
Historically high unemployment rates in Utah and throughout the Intermountain region contributed to weak retail sales growth, hurting the state's and the region's small businesses, said Jeff Thredgold, Zions Bank economic consultant and author of the index.
— Jasen Lee
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- UTA extending service to BYU-USU football game
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Consumer confidence continues to climb in Utah
- MountainStar to acquire Cache Valley Hospital
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize advances
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Is preschool worth the money? 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3