NEW YORK — "American Idol" contestant Brooke White is following in the footsteps of Jennifer Hudson.
The 27-year-old White recently made the leap into acting. She will star in an upcoming TV movie called "Change of Plans" with no professional acting experience.
Fellow "Idol" alum Hudson had no acting experience when she was cast in the movie "Dreamgirls." She won an Oscar for her performance.
White will play the lead role of a singer/songwriter who becomes guardian of her best friend's four children after an accident.
The movie also stars Phylicia Rashad and has a cameo appearance by "Idol" judge Randy Jackson. He also serves as executive producer on the film's soundtrack, which features three songs by White.
White placed fifth on the seventh season of "Idol."
"Change of Plans" premieres Jan. 8 at 8/7c on Fox.
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to break than...
- Bound bodies of 2 found in Philly river; 3rd...
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death...
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- A New York Times article said Michael... 39
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 22
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 20
- 10 things to know about corporate... 18
- Obama back at White House after summer... 17
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13