NEW YORK — "American Idol" contestant Brooke White is following in the footsteps of Jennifer Hudson.
The 27-year-old White recently made the leap into acting. She will star in an upcoming TV movie called "Change of Plans" with no professional acting experience.
Fellow "Idol" alum Hudson had no acting experience when she was cast in the movie "Dreamgirls." She won an Oscar for her performance.
White will play the lead role of a singer/songwriter who becomes guardian of her best friend's four children after an accident.
The movie also stars Phylicia Rashad and has a cameo appearance by "Idol" judge Randy Jackson. He also serves as executive producer on the film's soundtrack, which features three songs by White.
White placed fifth on the seventh season of "Idol."
"Change of Plans" premieres Jan. 8 at 8/7c on Fox.
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 14
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 14
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13