NEW YORK — "American Idol" contestant Brooke White is following in the footsteps of Jennifer Hudson.
The 27-year-old White recently made the leap into acting. She will star in an upcoming TV movie called "Change of Plans" with no professional acting experience.
Fellow "Idol" alum Hudson had no acting experience when she was cast in the movie "Dreamgirls." She won an Oscar for her performance.
White will play the lead role of a singer/songwriter who becomes guardian of her best friend's four children after an accident.
The movie also stars Phylicia Rashad and has a cameo appearance by "Idol" judge Randy Jackson. He also serves as executive producer on the film's soundtrack, which features three songs by White.
White placed fifth on the seventh season of "Idol."
"Change of Plans" premieres Jan. 8 at 8/7c on Fox.
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing...
- Space and religion: How believers view latest...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- Utah remembers Pearl Harbor namesake ship,...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 106
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 52
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 39
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 30
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Obama declares health care law is... 21