NEW YORK — "American Idol" contestant Brooke White is following in the footsteps of Jennifer Hudson.
The 27-year-old White recently made the leap into acting. She will star in an upcoming TV movie called "Change of Plans" with no professional acting experience.
Fellow "Idol" alum Hudson had no acting experience when she was cast in the movie "Dreamgirls." She won an Oscar for her performance.
White will play the lead role of a singer/songwriter who becomes guardian of her best friend's four children after an accident.
The movie also stars Phylicia Rashad and has a cameo appearance by "Idol" judge Randy Jackson. He also serves as executive producer on the film's soundtrack, which features three songs by White.
White placed fifth on the seventh season of "Idol."
"Change of Plans" premieres Jan. 8 at 8/7c on Fox.
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- Cause sought for space-supply rocket explosion
- Chocolate compound restores age-related...
- A place with a view: Inside NYC's tallest...
- Digital Savant: How to be a ghost (online)
- Balancing act: Stress, burnout, mistakes top...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 60
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 21
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Poll: 2 of 3 Americans say Islamic... 10
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 10