The hatred vented toward an undeserving LeBron James at Cleveland bordered on violence and is partially attributable to sports writers. Not even Tiger Woods (who deserves scorn) is booed or threatened while he's on the course. Karl Malone, who left the Utah Jazz in search of an NBA title, was still respected. I can't put my finger on it, but I think some fans don't want to see LeBron threaten any of Michael Jordan's records. Even MJ got into the fray with printed comments deriding LeBron. Enough is enough; let the man play without a threatening environment.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 77
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 40
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32