The hatred vented toward an undeserving LeBron James at Cleveland bordered on violence and is partially attributable to sports writers. Not even Tiger Woods (who deserves scorn) is booed or threatened while he's on the course. Karl Malone, who left the Utah Jazz in search of an NBA title, was still respected. I can't put my finger on it, but I think some fans don't want to see LeBron threaten any of Michael Jordan's records. Even MJ got into the fray with printed comments deriding LeBron. Enough is enough; let the man play without a threatening environment.
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- In our opinion: With Shurtleff and Swallow...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- Letter: Degrading literature
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 48
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35
- The complicated political views of... 33
- Letter: Outdated climate 27