Having been through a week of playing the giants of the industry, the Utah Jazz are ready to admit they're working themselves into a major groove. On Sunday, it was a close loss to Portland, which has been roaming the Northwest like Bigfoot. Monday, the Jazz took a side-route and wiped out so-so Washington. Wednesday, they were back with the heavyweights, blitzing defending World Champion Detroit by 21.
But the high point of the week may have come Friday night at the Salt Palace, as the Jazz erased the Los Angeles Lakers, 101-79. Bolt the doors. The Jazz are coming.
For the third game in a row, the Jazz got superb defense and a steady performance from virtually every player as they claimed their ninth win in 11 games. The victory improved Utah's season record to 11-7 after starting the year with a 2-5 record.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25