http://www.babycenter.com/403_names-for-curtis-baby-3_12732550_310.bcDaniel Summerhays earns PGA Tour card
Former BYU All-American golfer Daniel Summerhays earned his PGA Tour card after finishing fifth on the money list following a successful summer on the Nationwide Tour.
Summerhays joins other former Cougar greats Mike Weir, Dean Wilson and Andy Miller as the fourth Cougar to earn his Tour card since the early 1990s and will get his first taste of PGA Tour competition on Jan. 10, 2011, at the Sony Open in Hawaii. Summerhays capped an illustrious collegiate career at BYU by winning the Children's Hospital Invitational and becoming the first amateur to win a Nationwide Tour event. He subsequently joined the Nationwide Tour and, in his first full year, made 16 cuts and finished 35th on the money list. He competed on the Nationwide Tour from 2007-10.
Tiger takes four-shot tournament lead
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. — Tiger Woods is starting to look like his old self at the Chevron World Challenge.
Woods got off to a blazing start Friday and played bogey-free in the second round for a 6-under 66 to take a four-shot lead into the weekend of his final tournament of the year. He was at 13-under 131, his best 36-hole start to the year by six shots. Woods was four shots ahead of U.S. Open champion Graeme McDowell, who had a 69. Rory McIlroy and Luke Donald were another shot back.
Riesch snaps Vonn's record win streak
LAKE LOUISE, Alberta — Maria Riesch of Germany captured a World Cup downhill Friday, holding off her best friend Lindsey Vonn and snapping her record win streak.
Riesch finished the course in 1 minute, 28.96 seconds, just 0.12 ahead of Vonn, the top American finisher. Elisabeth Goergl of Austria was third in 1:29.17.
Vonn, winner of five straight on the downhill course, has been so dominant at this venue that it's known as "Lake Lindsey." This was the 12th time she has earned a podium spot at Lake Louise, where she had her first career World Cup win in 2004.
Teammate Julia Mancuso finished fourth, part of a strong showing by a U.S. squad that placed seven in the top 30.
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 56
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 55
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 51
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 37
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 14