PROVO — Now you see it, now you don't.
The Utah Department of Transportation is warning drivers to beware of fading lane lines on I-15.
"We've had to do a lot of lane shifting and re-striping of lanes with all the construction going on down there, and some of that temporary striping has faded out a little bit," said Scott Thompson, spokesman for the I-15 CORE project.
UDOT blames construction and snowy conditions for causing confusion on I-15 from Lehi Main Street to Pioneer Crossing in American Fork.
Therese Spence from Lehi said it's hard to tell which lane is which.
"I'm driving, I'm confused, I'm like, OK wait, I'm not in the lane and I can tell that the other people are pretty much doing the same thing. So everybody's hitting their brakes and it's just nuts," Spence said.
UDOT crews use temporary paint to mark lanes as construction continues on the I-15 CORE project. The paint doesn't last as long, and snowy conditions can deteriorate the striping.
"This time of year the temperature and the elements take a bigger toll on it. We have to have good, dry conditions and warm enough temperatures to make it happen and that's been a little bit tougher this time of year," Thompson said.
Crews periodically check the paint for fading. Thompson said crews were out Thursday night re-striping in some areas and will continue through the weekend.
Once construction is complete, permanent striping will designate traffic lanes. Until then, UDOT encourages drivers to slow down and pay attention.
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- Police: Panhandler pulls woman from car after...
- Uintah County man 'lucky to be alive' after...
- Provo ranked 4th most educated city in...
- Police chief of Myton charged with stalking 3...
- Love says commenting on Saratoga Springs...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 69
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 53
- Police break silence about... 49
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 33
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 25
- New definition of homeless would give... 21
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18