America First Credit Union will host "Shred-Your-Stuff Saturday" at three local branches on Saturday. The program is offered as a public service to community residents who would like to have their private documents shredded, but may not have a shredder at home or a safe, efficient way to properly dispose of personal information.
Statistics show that identity theft continues to be among of the fastest-growing crimes in the nation. Shred-Your-Stuff Saturday is a free event that invites area residents to safely dispose of information that could otherwise fall into the hands of individuals who could use it for illegal purposes.
Shredding trucks will be available in the parking lots of America First branch offices in Bountiful, North Ogden and Sandy, with no limit to how much paper people can shred.
The event runs from 9 a.m. to noon at America First locations in Bountiful at 48 N. 500 West, North Ogden at 2575 N. Washington Blvd. and in Sandy at 9380 S. State. The public is welcome.
— Jasen Lee
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14