America First Credit Union will host "Shred-Your-Stuff Saturday" at three local branches on Saturday. The program is offered as a public service to community residents who would like to have their private documents shredded, but may not have a shredder at home or a safe, efficient way to properly dispose of personal information.
Statistics show that identity theft continues to be among of the fastest-growing crimes in the nation. Shred-Your-Stuff Saturday is a free event that invites area residents to safely dispose of information that could otherwise fall into the hands of individuals who could use it for illegal purposes.
Shredding trucks will be available in the parking lots of America First branch offices in Bountiful, North Ogden and Sandy, with no limit to how much paper people can shred.
The event runs from 9 a.m. to noon at America First locations in Bountiful at 48 N. 500 West, North Ogden at 2575 N. Washington Blvd. and in Sandy at 9380 S. State. The public is welcome.
— Jasen Lee
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 26
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14