America First Credit Union will host "Shred-Your-Stuff Saturday" at three local branches on Saturday. The program is offered as a public service to community residents who would like to have their private documents shredded, but may not have a shredder at home or a safe, efficient way to properly dispose of personal information.
Statistics show that identity theft continues to be among of the fastest-growing crimes in the nation. Shred-Your-Stuff Saturday is a free event that invites area residents to safely dispose of information that could otherwise fall into the hands of individuals who could use it for illegal purposes.
Shredding trucks will be available in the parking lots of America First branch offices in Bountiful, North Ogden and Sandy, with no limit to how much paper people can shred.
The event runs from 9 a.m. to noon at America First locations in Bountiful at 48 N. 500 West, North Ogden at 2575 N. Washington Blvd. and in Sandy at 9380 S. State. The public is welcome.
— Jasen Lee
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8