America First Credit Union will host "Shred-Your-Stuff Saturday" at three local branches on Saturday. The program is offered as a public service to community residents who would like to have their private documents shredded, but may not have a shredder at home or a safe, efficient way to properly dispose of personal information.
Statistics show that identity theft continues to be among of the fastest-growing crimes in the nation. Shred-Your-Stuff Saturday is a free event that invites area residents to safely dispose of information that could otherwise fall into the hands of individuals who could use it for illegal purposes.
Shredding trucks will be available in the parking lots of America First branch offices in Bountiful, North Ogden and Sandy, with no limit to how much paper people can shred.
The event runs from 9 a.m. to noon at America First locations in Bountiful at 48 N. 500 West, North Ogden at 2575 N. Washington Blvd. and in Sandy at 9380 S. State. The public is welcome.
— Jasen Lee
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12