America First Credit Union will host "Shred-Your-Stuff Saturday" at three local branches on Saturday. The program is offered as a public service to community residents who would like to have their private documents shredded, but may not have a shredder at home or a safe, efficient way to properly dispose of personal information.
Statistics show that identity theft continues to be among of the fastest-growing crimes in the nation. Shred-Your-Stuff Saturday is a free event that invites area residents to safely dispose of information that could otherwise fall into the hands of individuals who could use it for illegal purposes.
Shredding trucks will be available in the parking lots of America First branch offices in Bountiful, North Ogden and Sandy, with no limit to how much paper people can shred.
The event runs from 9 a.m. to noon at America First locations in Bountiful at 48 N. 500 West, North Ogden at 2575 N. Washington Blvd. and in Sandy at 9380 S. State. The public is welcome.
— Jasen Lee
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 80
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26