CORVALLIS, Ore. — As Oregon and Oregon State have gone this season, so have running backs LaMichael James and Jacquizz Rodgers.
While James is a leading Heisman candidate for the top-ranked Ducks, Rodgers admits he's not been at his best for the inconsistent Beavers.
Both will have a national audience on the same field Saturday when Oregon vies to go to the national championship by claiming one more regular-season challenge, the annual Civil War rivalry game against Oregon State.
There are many similarities between the two speedy backs. Both are from Texas. Both are relatively small — Rodgers is 5-foot-7, 191 pounds and James is 5-foot-9, 185 pounds — and both have been compared to former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL great Barry Sanders.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34