CORVALLIS, Ore. — As Oregon and Oregon State have gone this season, so have running backs LaMichael James and Jacquizz Rodgers.
While James is a leading Heisman candidate for the top-ranked Ducks, Rodgers admits he's not been at his best for the inconsistent Beavers.
Both will have a national audience on the same field Saturday when Oregon vies to go to the national championship by claiming one more regular-season challenge, the annual Civil War rivalry game against Oregon State.
There are many similarities between the two speedy backs. Both are from Texas. Both are relatively small — Rodgers is 5-foot-7, 191 pounds and James is 5-foot-9, 185 pounds — and both have been compared to former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL great Barry Sanders.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28