CORVALLIS, Ore. — As Oregon and Oregon State have gone this season, so have running backs LaMichael James and Jacquizz Rodgers.
While James is a leading Heisman candidate for the top-ranked Ducks, Rodgers admits he's not been at his best for the inconsistent Beavers.
Both will have a national audience on the same field Saturday when Oregon vies to go to the national championship by claiming one more regular-season challenge, the annual Civil War rivalry game against Oregon State.
There are many similarities between the two speedy backs. Both are from Texas. Both are relatively small — Rodgers is 5-foot-7, 191 pounds and James is 5-foot-9, 185 pounds — and both have been compared to former Heisman Trophy winner and NFL great Barry Sanders.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25