Francisco Elson back at practice as Utah Jazz prep for showdown with Dallas Mavericks
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — All 13 Utah Jazz players participated in practice this morning, including Francisco Elson and Mehmet Okur.
Elson did not play in the second half of the Jazz's 110-88 victory over the Indiana Pacers at EnergySolutions Arena because of an inner ear problem.
The backup center said he was "all right" while leaving the arena after the game, and he was feeling well enough to go this morning. Elson said he had a head cold that flared up in the first half, causing the discomfort.
Officially, Elson is listed as probable for Friday's gargantuan game — or at least as big as the 21st game of the regular season can be — that will pit the 15-5 Jazz and 14-4 Dallas Mavericks on ESPN at 8:30 p.m. Both teams enter the contest on seven-game winning streaks.
"It'll be a good game," Elson said. "If we win this game, we will be a step ahead of them."
Utah has won five in a row at home against Dirk Nowitzki & Co., and the Jazz won last year's season series 2-1.
Okur won't be available for the game, but he continues to progress seven months after his ruptured left Achilles tendon was surgically repaired.
The 6-foot-11 center said he has upped his workouts to twice a day, hoping to build the muscle and mobility of his left leg.
His Achilles has healed 100 percent, he added.
Okur is waiting to regain full motion on his inside moves before he returns to full NBA action. He remains reluctant to put a timetable on his comeback date.
"Whenever I feel like, 'OK, I'm getting better right-to-left layup motion, better and better everyday,' then I'm going to say, 'OK, I'm ready,'" Okur said. "I'm trying to make it stronger ... and it feels good right now."
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32